Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #151 
BettaLover1313

Lucky did well on his walk today, though he was pulling more and trying to go his own way. We'll work on that XD.

Anyway, got to spend time today with both Lucky and Renji, petting them, letting them know they're loved, all the things they love!

I feel like a terrible betta owner since today I didn't even change the water in their tank or turn on the filter for a bit >.< Dang Lioden being such an addicting site!!!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #152 
BettaLover1313

Sooo...at work tonight I decided that I should cut myself with the lid of a can (no not really, I was throwing the can away and the lid caught my hand, and I said an interesting exclamation).

Got home tonight, and looked in on my boys before turning their light off. Dragoon seemed fine, but Merlin seemed a bit sluggish, then again he might have been sleeping and I woke him up (hopefully that one!).

Tomorrow I hope to go riding to see if I can go on a trail ride on Sunday, of course both depend on how the owner is feeling/how the horses behave.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #153 
Huffle Puffles

Ouchies! Metal slices suck, especially on the hand. I hope it heals quickly!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #154 
BettaLover1313

So, turned on the filter today for the boys, but once again, no water change they won't get one tomorrow either since I'm going on the trail ride (unless something changes by tomorrow). Tried to get pictures of the boys today and all I got was blurs since neither wanted to hold still. I shall try again tomorrow when I get back though!

On the trail ride I will not be riding Zip; I shall be riding Social, a POA owned by the owner's niece who is letting me ride her. I'm hoping I can do some ground work with her tomorrow before I ride her. I trust the owner and his niece in picking out a good, broke horse for me, but I still want to know more about Social before I get on her back.

I know I still have to upload the promised pics, but they're on my phone, which is why it's taking me so long to do it ; I have to e-mail the pics to my phone which is a slow and tedious process, so we'll see when those go up!

That's all for my update, unless I post more later tonight after work. Demolition Derby is tonight at the fair all those people will be at my workplace afterwards .
Old 08-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #155 
Mar

/stalk :D
Merlin and Dragoon are beauties!
But a lot of the pictures won't load :'c So I'm like an inefficient stalker LMAO.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #156 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffle Puffles View Post
Ouchies! Metal slices suck, especially on the hand. I hope it heals quickly!
Yes they do lol! Right now it's a bit stiff, but that's because I've been using my hand a lot (especially last night, but more on that later today ;3). Hopefully it'll get a break today when I'm riding since I mainly use my right hand to hold the reins, and if Social is as broke as I've been reassured she is, I'll just have to use my right hand today (maybe my left a bit since Social tends to be anti-social with other horses from what I've been told. XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
/stalk :D
Merlin and Dragoon are beauties!
But a lot of the pictures won't load :'c So I'm like an inefficient stalker LMAO.
Thank you!

I don't know why I keep having issues with pictures in my posts/threads (I get told people can't see them a lot XD). I'm not sure if it's that the files are just so huge thanks to my camera, or if for some reason I'm doing it wrong when I post, but oddly enough, they show up on my computer which leaves me even more confused XD.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #157 
BettaLover1313

The Promised Horse Pictures!

So before I give the update later tonight, here are those horse pictures I promised you!

First, the recent pictures:

Eljay-Blue Roan Quarter Horse Gelding (aka Mr. Nibbles)-haven't worked with him on halter or ridden him, just petted him and played games with him.

He wanted me to blow in his nose in a game we play, but I wanted to get a picture of his antics.

Eljay and Peek-a-Boo-Roan (she varies between Red & Blue depending on the time of year) Quarter Horse mare & Eljay's mother. I could technically ride and/or work with her on halter, but I don't. Another that I just pet.

Both are trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing.

Jewel, Peek-a-Boo, & Eljay eating

Jewel-Bay Roan Quarter Horse/Appaloosa Mare-I work with her on halter. She's too flighty for a rider like me (inexperienced) to ride just yet.

She's trying to get rid of a fly that was bugging her here.

Bubba-Dark Bay Appendix Quarter Horse (otherwise known as a Thoroughbred/Quarter Horse) gelding-I do want to work with him on halter one day, but so far I haven't. I can't ride him either since he likes to buck right off the bat when you get on and settle down after that & Zip-Few Spots Appaloosa Gelding-I ride and work with him on halter.

These two were re-establishing who was dominant (Bubba).

Zip

Wanted an ear scratching

Still wanting those ears scratched!

Older Pictures:

Giving you an idea of my height (5 foot) in comparison to Zip's, since he's the horse I ride.

May-Sorrel with Flaxen Mane Quarter Horse Mare. She's not longer at the place, having been sold.

I couldn't get this again if I tried! Peek-a-Boo, Bubba, Eljay, and Jewel all wondering why I'm not petting them.

One of my best shots of mother & son.

Justy-Buckskin Quarter Horse Mare. Also no longer on the lot since she was a handful to ride, and the owner, who's not exactly young, just didn't have the time to get her as broke as he'd like her to be. She was a very sweet mare, but didn't have a lot in the brains department, but that was just her breeding.

Bubba, the alpha of the horse lot.

Crystal-Blind Bay Blanket Appaloosa Mare & mother of Jewel. She's still on the lot in her own pasture that she moves around well in since she knows the area. I just feed and pet her

Unfortunately, my pictures of Genuine, a neat little sorrel with a flaxen mane Quarter Horse gelding didn't want to leave my phone (file exceeds size...never understand that...). I just work with Genuine on halter since he's a three-year-old that has been backed, but still needs the more experienced rider to get him to being a good riding horse.

I will give you an update on how the day went later tonight!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #158 
Huffle Puffles

ugh, noooooo *bonks the forum with a fishnet* none of the pictures are showing up
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #159 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffle Puffles View Post
ugh, noooooo *bonks the forum with a fishnet* none of the pictures are showing up
But-but *wails* I can see them on my end! Why must I be cursed
Old 08-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #160 
Mar

Which website are using to upload them onto?
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote