Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #201 
Huffle Puffles

LOL! What little stinkers they are!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #202 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh the filter you have, it doesn't have to be fully submerged like that. You can pull it up so that the lip is out of the water, that's what I do with mine and then it's not an extra hiding space for your Dragoon XD
It refuses to stay above the water with just the suction cup >.< so I'm hoping I can find the hook part (seriously hoping I didn't throw it out :/) and that it will hook over the edge of the tank. Otherwise I may have to put the bigger one in, though I REALLY don't want to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffle Puffles View Post
LOL! What little stinkers they are!
Yes, yes they are lol
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #203 
BettaLover1313

Today didn't start off all that well with Lucky waking up at about 8:00am when I went to bed around 2-3ish this morning, and then he was just determined to play with the kitty to the point where he had Renji cornered in my room and I bellowed at him to get out and then I took the poor cat downstairs while the dog took a chill pill (I had played with him before and Mom had taken him for a walk, not sure why he was like he was this morning). After a brief reprieve, Renji came back upstairs and everything was fine.

Got to help with the horses today, and there were so many injuries from Zip getting kicked by a different horse on the trail ride the owner went to, Peek-a-Boo getting a stick in her knee since her son, Eljay, when he broke a rein and ran off & returned, hit a log while he was jumping over it and knocked it into her, & Genuine's leg had an injury on it that needed to be treated too . It was still fun though, since I got to pet them all and help them to feel better.

Finally got the new silk plants into Merlin & Dragoon's tank, and got the filter up out of the water. Unfortunately, Facebook isn't being very cooperative, so I can't post the picture I have of it .

However, DA is working, so you can see this lovely picture I got of Merlin with his new silk plant:

"Stop and Smell the Flowers"
(In actuality: "ATTACK!!! DIE EVIL THING!"..."Wonder if it's edible?" *chomp* "blah!"..."Mom I don't understand what this thing is for!"
Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #204 
Huffle Puffles

Awwww hope everyone is feeling better soon!

My first thought was "Awww what a beautiful pic of Merlin!" then I read the caption and died laughing!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #205 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffle Puffles View Post
Awwww hope everyone is feeling better soon!

My first thought was "Awww what a beautiful pic of Merlin!" then I read the caption and died laughing!
Yeah, hoping all the horses feel better too.

Yeah, I couldn't resist! I really love the picture, but he was actually attacking/trying to eat it, but now he seems fine!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #206 
BettaLover1313

Not much of an update today since I'm not feeling the greatest :/. Went to the doctor to finally get a problem that I've had for awhile now checked out, and they prescribed a pill (that I thankfully only have to take today) that should help what I have. Unfortunately, I'm one of those that falls under the "you may experience dizziness, nausea, etc".

So better update tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #207 
Huffle Puffles

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #208 
BettaLover1313

I'm going to rant first, so feel free to skip it!

<Rant>
So, like I said, I called into work sick yesterday and then I called my boss, letting her know as well and she asked if I had anybody to cover, I answered no. I mean, really, I don't have everyone's number, and then she said she'd work and my expression resembled this . I didn't expect her to work!
I've learned through my mom and a friend that she's upset (I understand, I've been upset when called into work too) but she's acting like I do this all the time! I got the stink eye when I came in today for food and gas! I'm sorry that pill made me too ill to drive, much less work! I really am! I waited to see if the dizziness and nausea would go away but they didn't! I didn't want to wait to the last minute to call either!
Don't misunderstand, I love my boss. My boss is amazing compared to the horror stories I've heard about other bosses, but I just feel like I'm getting a bit of unfair rage. I didn't plan on being sick, I didn't want to be sick, but I was. Nothing I can do. Sorry I asked my mom to pick up my schedule so I could see if I had a day that I wanted off, and if I did work that day, to see if I could get permission to switch! Very sorry, guess I shouldn't have been thinking ahead even while I was feeling like crap, maybe next time I'll just be irresponsible like several of my co-workers and not call! (I'd never do that ).
Just a bit annoyed really, but again, I do understand why she's annoyed, I really do. I get the same way, but I just don't understand why she seems angrier with me than I've ever seen her/heard about her being angry with an employee. Oh well! Not much I can do about it... Who knows? Maybe I'm reading too much into things!
</rant>

Moving on!

I did get to trade with someone at work for the day I wanted off, so I will work their shift tomorrow instead of working on Sunday (possible trail ride ). Just hope nothing else goes wrong at work...

Yesterday Lucky was nearly killed by first my mom, and then me (of course I mean this figuratively) since he ripped apart several notebooks that were on the desk, including my sketchbook (I'd be fairly okay with that) and my fan fiction notebook (HUGE NO-NO!). I didn't yell at him since I learned about this after my sleepover the night before (Monday night). I saw that my notebook was still in fairly good shape, so he was forgiven (though he pulled out the spine of the sketch book ). Then Lucky was just in hyper-active mode all of yesterday (much to my displeasure as I was dealing with the dizziness and nausea by this time) so I actually had to separate him and Renji.

The bettas have been good, though they were horrified to find that yesterday was fasting day (Dragoon actually tried to remind me on Monday that that was the proper day while Merlin just scarfed his food down). Today I was actually flared at by Merlin-his demand for food . I was pleasantly surprised to see that both of them had made large bubble nests after I destroyed their other ones when I put in their new plants and changed 1/2 their water.

And finally, the picture of their tank as of now:

(Sorry about the blurriness of the photo :/ and Merlin's log did go back in, I nearly forgot about it until he gave me such an accusatory stare .)

I will be seeing the horses later today when I help with chores, so I'll update on them later .
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #209 
BettaLover1313

Horses are doing fine, I don't think Zip is limping anymore, and Genuine's leg is healing up nicely. Both Peek-a-Boo and Eljay were fine as well!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #210 
BettaLover1313

So...today has been interesting, since the filter I originally had in their tank fell into the water and I couldn't get it to rest at the top again, and the one that the tank came with didn't work, since I couldn't get it to rest against the side or however it's supposed to work! It didn't help that Dragoon seems to think that whenever he seems my hands in the water he's supposed to freak out and jump out . I really, truly don't know what I did in the past that he developed this behavior. I'm going to have to find a way to train him to not jump and swim frantically all over the place when I have to do things on his side of the tank.

Tomorrow, I intend to clean the entire tank, so both boys will have to go in their cups (hoping I don't have to use the net on Dragoon) and also try to get this other filter to work, otherwise, I guess the boys will be without a filter for awhile if I can't get this other one to work...

Merlin is doing well, his fins are still healing nicely, and he's flaring more (caught him flaring at Dragoon through the mesh while Dragoon just stared at him ).

Just this small update today, maybe tomorrow will be longer, and with pictures .