Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #241 
BettaLover1313

Since I know Merlin, the mesh is already doubled, but they can see each other's shapes, not so much distinct features, but it's enough with Dragoon hovering near the barrier, waiting for Merlin, to aggravate Merlin. I can try putting it at an angle (boys may end up in their cups this week while I'm fiddling with their tank), and I'm planning on putting their large plants in front of it to better hide them from each other.

I just wish I knew why this has suddenly become an issue with them, since they've never acted like this before...or if they did, I'm only noticing it now since I can view them more often in my dorm room.

Thanks for the pictures of the silk plants! I may just end up getting some eventually, since Merlin's side of the tank needs a new plant or two, and Dragoon's could probably use one as well!

Last edited by BettaLover1313; 09-09-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Forgot some information
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #242 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, they're great plants and they do fill up lots of space! Two will easily cover the entire side of a 5.5's divider. Something else you can try is putting a little space between the mesh so that it makes them further apart. I don't mean like a whole inch, but like half an inch or so might work. And then you can stuff something in the middle like a plant and the heater in the middle or something, might be difficult with the hood though. Just some idea's to toss around is all
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #243 
BettaLover1313

Thanks for the ideas! I've been thinking of making a new lid for my tank to put both the filter and heater in the middle, but at the moment, they have to stay where they are due to Dragoon's new jumping habit .

Today was my birthday (big 21...yeah...not one for alcohol, so not that big a deal for me lol). I had a great birthday today since my classes went well, work went well, and I got calls from my mom, favorite uncle, and the owner of the horses, not to mention a surprise gift from my relatives in North Carolina-a horse purse! I also bought myself a Phil Collins CD that has my favorite song of his on it . My friends and I went to our local frozen yogurt place, called Berry-Yo, which was a blast!

When we went to Wal-Mart, of course I looked at the bettas, and I noticed that the reds have more iridescance than Merlin, but they had the same deep red as him, not to mention similar colored iridescance, so I'm assuming the breeder is the same and got their desired effect, or is still working on it. Not sure why they'd sell to Wal-Mart though...guess it's a way to make money, but still . Anyway, it was still interesting to see the bettas! My friend said I'd end up buying one, but of course I didn't. I don't have the room for another, and I can't fit a ten gallon in the dorm room, and I'd get a certain betta if I had the room for him .

Tomorrow will be interesting since I need to get some homework done in the hour break I have between two of my classes, so we'll see how that goes!

Boys are doing fine, apart from the high temperature of their tank (seriously, heat, GO AWAY!). Today was their fasting day, which they weren't too happy about, but my room mate made sure she gave them her daily dose of telling them they're cute and adorable!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #244 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh happy birthday! Mine will be up soon, next week on the 18th! That's funny we're only a few day's apart! Tomorrow is my cousins bday and then my little brother on the 15th, me on the 18th, my cousin I'm two day's older than on the 20th and my dad's on the 25th! Super busy month for us! lol I'm glad you're birthday was still great though! Don't have to be into alcohol to have a great day!

It's been freezing here! Well at least at night, it's been getting down to the 40s and then up at 70s during the day so I'm loving this weather! I'm built for cold weather, not any of this heat crap haha. I hope your heat goes away soon! Although we're supposed to get humid and hot temps come Wednesday so your heat might be moving away then!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #245 
Huffle Puffles

Happy birthday!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #246 
BettaLover1313

Thanks for the birthday well wishes!

I think our heat is supposed to go away by tomorrow, so it might be heading your way!

It was hotter today than yesterday, my tank temperature is in the high 80s, close to 90 . However, Merlin has been hanging around near his heater (not that it's going on). Somehow I'm going to do a 50% water change and move around their decorations tomorrow (hopefully I have time to).

Was a busy (and early) day today. Worked out with my friend at 7am (had my fastest half mile time, but I couldn't do a mile ), and had class all day, then I had to finish my homework. Very happy that I got today off each week since I don't know how I would have squeezed in two hours of vacuuming my hall on top of that!

Trying to stay cool, but not really working (had some ice cream and ice cold lemonade). Trying to stay still, just like my boys have been doing. I feel really bad that I can't cool off their tank . Drapes are closed, fans are going non-stop, light is off, heater isn't going on...not sure what else to do to keep it cool...Hopefully tomorrow the heat will be gone!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #247 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ugg not looking forward to getting your heat, I was enjoying our 40 degree weather in the morning lol. It's already up at high 70's and it's only 7:36 am. >.> Imma go take a large piece of poster board outside and start fanning the heat back your way haha. It's supposed to get up to mid 90's today with a heat index of 100 in some places.....I'm going to dig myself a hole now and stay there all day, who needs college classes? lol
Old 09-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #248 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Ugg not looking forward to getting your heat, I was enjoying our 40 degree weather in the morning lol. It's already up at high 70's and it's only 7:36 am. >.> Imma go take a large piece of poster board outside and start fanning the heat back your way haha. It's supposed to get up to mid 90's today with a heat index of 100 in some places.....I'm going to dig myself a hole now and stay there all day, who needs college classes? lol
lol, right? They're not important! *types as she's getting ready for class*. No! Don't fan it back! It's only supposed to get to 86 F today! (Hoping that it won't get that high!)
Old 09-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #249 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol, fine, I'll fan it towards the ocean since we're so close anyway XD
Old 09-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #250 
BettaLover1313

You were waving that poster board pretty hard, weren't you? The heat came back this afternoon XD lol.