Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #271 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yep np! Sorry it was rather weirdly worded, I was talking with friends as I wrote that lol
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #272 
BettaLover1313

So today was another good day. Bought a binder for the project that I'm doing for my planned future career in the horse racing industry (may not be in the near future, but it never hurts to start early). I'm getting excited about the information I'm finding, and what I've found so far has revealed a small pattern, but I need to look at all the horses I have in mind before I can conclude anything on the genetics.

Anyway! I also bought myself some tools for Clay Club, since I intend to go there every meeting since it's just wonderful to work with clay again!

The betta boys are up to their usual mischief, but it almost seems to be a game with them. It's quite silly really. Dragoon will wait at the barrier for Merlin, who is usually in his log, Dragoon will grow impatient and zip around near the barrier, then Merlin will come out flaring, and Dragoon will stop immediately to look at the massive red blod coming towards the barrier slowly . If it wasn't occuring so often I'd find it more assuming, but since it seems to be a routine, I've been shaking my head. Just watching them the first time gave me a chuckle though!

I have work early tomorrow and Sunday , but not much I can do about it. I've decided that tomorrow is laundry/Skyrim day since my room mate went home for the weekend . Guess who can spend several hours playing a game tomorrow.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #273 
BettaLover1313

I'm alive!!! Don't worry! All is well in the world of Merlin & Dragoon!

Oh...what do you need to be caught up on? Well...the weekend went well, I actually hung out with someone from my work and went to see the comedian that was brought in by our campus programming, I also got some extra hours in as well at work, so not bad at all.

Then things went downhill...I got a nasty head cold on Monday. It was so bad that I decided not to go to class, and when I actually woke up (sometime around noon) I was glad I hadn't gone to class since I was freezing cold and felt comfortable wearing sweat clothes and crawling under my blankets, and I repeat, I felt COMFORTABLE! So I'm pretty sure I had a fever that I managed to fight off as well. I hated skipping that day as well since I had a test that day in one of my classes too .

Luckily, the next day, I was better, not great, but better, and I took my exam, getting a 78% on it (considering previous averages were 65% I was ecstatic).

Today was a regular day, so nothing really to report there.

Merlin & Dragoon seem to be doing fine. Merlin's tail is looking much better. I think I solved some of the barrier aggression by moving their logs so that they're not facing the barrier, so they can't constantly see each other/antagonize each other (which is what Merlin is trying to do to Dragoon right now, but Dragoon is in his log, hiding ou...never mind, he left ). Bit frustrated with the sponges I have to baffle the intake and outflow, they're falling apart , I took them off to rinse them off a bit, and I find that they've got holes and are hanging together by small fibers. I'm trying to find some more that I can switch them out with, but so far, no dice. Wal-Mart didn't have any, and I don't know when I'll get to check Dollar Tree, so I'll have to hope that Dragoon doesn't get nosey if any of it comes off. While at Wal-Mart I did however find my favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry's at Wal-Mart much to my immense pleasure since I've been looking for it for awhile now .
Old 09-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #274 
BettaLover1313

So, for a little while now, I've been noticing some different things on Dragoon (can't figure out what they are) but one day they will be there, obvious as day, the next, I won't see it. It's very baffling. I've been assuming that he's scraping his scales against something, but I can't fathom what! It's the only thing I can think of though to explain why I see things on him, and the next day I don't see anything! I've been keeping an eye on him for the past week now, and this doesn't occur every day, nor is it ever in the same spot, so yeah...not sure what to make of it...

Anywho! Today has been an interesting and exciting day! First off, we'll go with the fishes' day: poor boys were left in the dark today since for 1) I thought it'd be hotter & 2) I didn't think it'd rain. Well...guess who was wrong? Yep. Me. So they were in the dark until a little bit ago when I returned from a long day on campus and turned on the light, and then fed them dinner (of course they were very confused as to why they were being fed at this hour), so yeah, that's been their day!

Today has been an eventful day today since I spent my morning vacuuming my hall, then going to my two classes, and then eating dinner with a friend & sitting out a thunderstorm before we went to Clay Club. Now THAT'S where my excitement and happiness is coming from! I was voted as the new secretary of the club, and my room mate was voted the president (no surprise to anyone but her, she wanted to be VP, but I know she'll be an awesome president!) The weirdest thing is, only the treasurer and I have ever actually been officers in a club, so we'll be guiding the pres. & vp a bit, but as our adviser says, we're a community, and we help each other.

Speaking of the adviser, I confirmed my suspicions that he's an artist I've admired for his clay work since a field trip in art class and seeing his work. I'M SO HAPPY I COULD BOUNCE OFF THE WALLS!!! I just can't believe that he's actually the adviser of the club and that we, as members get to learn from him!!!

It will be interesting to see where we, as officers, take this club, since we need to figure out what goals we want to achieve and how we're going to go about doing it, my room mate and I already have some ideas that we're going to run by the other officers at the next meeting, so I can't wait for next Thursday! Once I do finish some sculptures I'll be sure to post in my art journal (which I'll link to whenever I actually add something to it. ^^')
Old 09-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #275 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Sounds like a great day!! I love meeting the artists and just absolutely loving their work, by that point I usually don't get words out of my mouth and look stupid but hey, it's still awesome haha. Congrats on being secretary as well!! Fun times!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #276 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Sounds like a great day!! I love meeting the artists and just absolutely loving their work, by that point I usually don't get words out of my mouth and look stupid but hey, it's still awesome haha. Congrats on being secretary as well!! Fun times!
I've been suspecting he was the artist I admired, but I didn't actually confirm it until last night, and then I told my room mate and showed her his work, and she just said, "Yeah, I know he does that. Bruce is awesome." I just continued to act like a little kid for the rest of the night (we even watched The Pebble & the Penguin ). Very happy night overall, now today just needs to go well!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #277 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Aha! Pebble and the Penguin! Awesome movie! I'd totally watch that with you guys as well! lol ^_^
Old 09-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #278 
BettaLover1313

It's such an awesome movie! We've already decided that it'll be our go-to movie when we're feeling down, had a rough day, or possibly just after Clay Club lol.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #279 
BettaLover1313

Today was a good day! Only had one class (since one was cancelled) work went by quickly, and I've had a lot of down time today!

The boys are doing well. The issue with the flaring has been resolved (for the most part). With their logs no longer facing the barrier it has helped the issue to lessen to an acceptable degree. Mr. Grumpy-Fins still flares all by himself, but I can't really stop that obviously, he flares just to flare.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #280 
BettaLover1313

I've been so busy!!! Between homecoming banner, classes, work, and clay club, I've had very little free-time and I think I've driven myself a bit insane...Luckily, I have this weekend off, so I'll be going home to see my mom, Lucky and Renji, although I'm a bit worried about leaving Merlin & Dragoon alone for the weekend after having a dream that Dragoon got onto Merlin's side of the tank and they were both flaring at each other, ready to fight . To say the least, I woke up very freaked out!

Not much to report on the boys still. Merlin's fins are looking much better and just need to heal a little bit more. My one friend is stunned at how huge his fins are compared to his body and how much they've grown out since I first got him. Dragoon is being babied quite a bit by my room mate, but he needs loving too (not that I don't give him love). Both boys have their bubble nests going still, and Merlin still likes to do his nightly flaring at everything in his area, while Dragoon has taken to sleeping in his floating log at night, though he scares the crap out of me since he tends to tilt to the side, scaring me half to death!

Anyway, lots to do tomorrow from trying to mail out letters to people that should have been mailed out weeks ago, to a career fair on campus, so this will probably be all until the weekend, though I will try to post more in the upcoming days if possible.