Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #21 
BettaLover1313

Well, I know how my mom felt during the storm when she said Dragoon scared her; he scared me this morning by still being asleep in his tank when I woke up this morning and didn't receive the usual greeting of his "happy dance". Not to mention all his fins were spread, so I thought he'd passed in the night. Low and behold he moved and did his happy dance as I was moving away from his tank. Silly little guy! XD

I need to pick up more test strips today before I can clean my boys' tanks, and I'm hoping I have enough money to pick up another Moon Cave for Dragoon (right now he really doesn't have that one spot to hide apart from his plant). Those are the main things I hope to pick up for my boys. Maybe next week after I pay some bills I can buy that 5 gallon tank and divider...though that's a big maybe at the moment.

Tomorrow I get to go to the Father's Day Fishing Derby that is sponsored by the fish hatchery I volunteer at. Very excited! All catch & release and just seeing the kids' expressions is wonderful, especially once you tell them how big their fish is! (Though I could do without the dodging hooks part!) So looking forward to that tomorrow and spending time with my grandfather since I work later that night from 5pm-midnight.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #22 
BettaLover1313

Got the water test strips I needed and changed 50% of both Merlin & Dragoon's water. Dragoon also got a Moon Cave/Rock that he can either sleep in or hide from Merlin if he needs some space.

This is Day 4 of Merlin's Melafix treatment and his other tear is healing nicely too. I can't wait to be done with the treatment since the stuff smells to high heaven!

Merlin is starting to do other things besides glare at Dragoon which makes me very happy, and what made me happier was that Dragoon has started making bubble nests as well!!! Granted, I did ruin it when I changed his water and I felt terrible XD. I know I've said Dragoon is the calm one, but he freaks out when I do anything with his water, so I'm hoping when I get the 5 gallon tank that he'll calm down with the water changes.

All in all, the betta boys (sorry, I just hear the southern/Mississippi accent from the show Gator Boys XD) are doing well and Dragoon is settling in while Merlin is adjusting & healing nicely!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #23 
BettaLover1313

So nice to come home from work and see my betta boys!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #24 
BettaLover1313

I did NOT think through today at all. I did not sleep well tonight, and on top of the Fishing Derby, I have to work a 5-midnight shift and then work 10am-5-pm tomorrow, and I think I have a 6am meeting the following day O.o. Plus, I can't change 50% of Merlin's water (though I think I can squeeze in just enough time to give him his Melafix treatment for the day). My mom will be feeding my boys while I'm at the Fishing Derby. Don't get me wrong, I still plan on having a good time, it's just that right now, I'm bone tired and I can't fathom how I'm going to function at work later without a nap (which I'm probably not going to get).

Anyway, Dragoon and Merlin are adjusting to each other still, though Merlin is making me very happy by not focusing on Dragoon as much. He'll still swim down to glare at Dragoon, but otherwise, he leaves him alone. (Only 2 more days of the Melafix treatment for him as well!!!)

Dragoon likes playing a disappearing act on me by hiding in certain spots of his tank where the plastic is shaped/reflects just water not revealing where he's at unless you're at a certain angle. I'm starting to think he enjoys the little game he created!

Very sad that my mom can't bring Lucky to my grandparents' today, but my relatives have brought up their old, not-fixed, female Golden Retriever, and we know it'd be better for her health not to bring a young, not-fixed male dog. Still, I like spending time with my puppy, especially since I will only get to see him this morning (listens to him chewing on his toy), before I hurry off to work, and after work when I'll be a zombie.

Today shall be really interesting XD. If I'm awake after work, I'll try and post about it.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #25 
BettaLover1313

~Rant Start~

UGH! If I had just the Fishing Derby today I'd be fine! I'm beyond worn out and I still have to do a 7 hour shift at work till midnight! Then I have to wake up at 8am for my 10am-5pm shift tomorrow!!! I don't know how I'm even going to function properly!

~Rant Over~

Anyway, the fishing derby! I measured about 5 fish, four were for a three-year-old boy that just kept getting them (though he was mainly catching 7 inch Bluegills) and then I measured one fish for a different girl. Largest I measured was the girl's at 12 1/2", and the smallest was the little boy's 5" Bass (yeah, strange I know). Largest fish of the derby was 18" (another bass). We only had one Walleye caught for the entire derby, the bass were really biting today.

Told my grandpa about my second betta and he rolled his eyes at me. I have reassured him that I'm not getting a third (I don't have the room, maybe if I wasn't going to college, but since I am!). So yeah, Merlin & Dragoon are it for awhile.

Anyway, very tired and probably won't post again until tomorrow, or the next day (maybe).
Old 06-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #26 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post

Dragoon likes playing a disappearing act on me by hiding in certain spots of his tank where the plastic is shaped/reflects just water not revealing where he's at unless you're at a certain angle. I'm starting to think he enjoys the little game he created!
LOL That is Sushi only I will be the worried mother and freak out when ever he does that lol
AlphaOmegaWolf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #27 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
~Rant Start~

UGH! If I had just the Fishing Derby today I'd be fine! I'm beyond worn out and I still have to do a 7 hour shift at work till midnight! Then I have to wake up at 8am for my 10am-5pm shift tomorrow!!! I don't know how I'm even going to function properly!

~Rant Over~
Lol Maybe i wont tell you my work scedual this next week lol
AlphaOmegaWolf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #28 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmegaWolf666 View Post
Lol Maybe i wont tell you my work scedual this next week lol
No, don't XD.

I did misread the meeting though, it is actually for 6pm on Monday, not 6am so that's much more reasonable.

I had my butt handed to me tonight. I love my Blackhawks but dang! Tell the fans to lay off the poor pizza makers during the hockey game!!!

On a betta related note, I forgot to mention earlier that Dragoon took an interest in what Lucky was doing in my room today (Lucky is my Pit Bull mix). It was very funny to see his curious expression!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #29 
BettaLover1313

Day 6 of Merlin's Melafix treatment, his last tear is healing very nicely! Can't wait for tomorrow since it's the last day and then I can clean out his tank and give him fresh water (medicine has made his tank cloudy).

Both of my boys are doing well and Merlin is flaring less and less at Dragoon (granted if I greet Dragoon first he flares at me XD).

Dragoon gave me a heart attack last night, and I can't really say if I just really scared him, or it was the lighting, or what it was, but his head looked like it had lost color, and his usually dark colored eyes looked like a lighter color and I seriously resigned myself to finding him dead when I woke up later this morning. Low and behold, he's fine. I'm thinking it was the lighting in my room, but like I said, I really don't know what the heck it was that made his head look so pale and his eyes look so weird.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #30 
BettaLover1313

It's always fun to change 1/2 of Dragoon's water, he goes berserk. I'm afraid he'll jump out as I'm doing it one day, since he's come very close. Merlin, on the other hand, just likes being a nuisance as I'm changing 1/2 of his water -.-'. Both had their water changed today, and I'm very happy I got it done!