Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #311 
BettaLover1313

Another long day today, and tomorrow will be longer, but it was fun!

Went to the town that my clay adviser has his studio in so that my mom could see his work; and since the town was having their art tour (all shops & galleries marked) we went to several different places after that as well. It was fun getting to see all the cool art pieces, and to see not only my clay adviser, but my high school art teacher as well (who was there with her art students for a field trip).

Afterwards, I got to help with chores again (and got a cute face shot of Poco, who I've taken to calling Poke, and the owner calls Po). I helped the owner out with checking him over by holding the lead rope and keeping him still. I stand by what I typed yesterday, he is a VERY gentle horse. Even when he lifted his leg as if to kick, it was with the air of "I don't want to kick you, but I do want you to stop pulling on my leg". The owner was pulling on his leg to see if it really was his hocks that were bothering him, and since his left hock popped three times, it seems that that may be part of the problem as well as a horse possibly kicking him. Overall, he's such a sweetheart though!

On that note, I didn't hurt my back or shoulder badly, just sore last night, but today I was fine, though I'm still putting on some medicine for one more night just in case. Got another long car ride tomorrow so I don't need to be in pain during it (though I don't think I would be, but I don't want to risk it).

I love being home so much! I just wish that this weekend I could spend more time at home with Lucky and Renji since they're both being such cuddle bugs (and love bugs)!

I still worry about Merlin and Dragoon though, especially after all the repeating dreams of them being on each other's side. I did double check the barrier though before I left, so I'm just hoping they don't get bored (mainly Merlin, since I don't need him to start fin-biting). Hope they're okay! Love those two boys to bits! I need a happy medium (guess that's typically winter & summer break, but depending on my internship, I might not be able to take me with them for the summer ).

Anyway, I know I said I wouldn't post much this weekend, but I definitely won't be posting tomorrow due to how long I'll be gone tomorrow. Hopefully there will be picture on Sunday though including some of Merlin & Dragoon along with Poco. Maybe some of Lucky & Renji even!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #312 
BettaLover1313

Back in the dorm, and I know I promised pictures, but I'm just too worn out to post any tonight >.<

So yesterday, went to see some of my mom's friends/relatives I should have had instead of the ones I actually do have. Anyway, we had a great time visiting with them, though my back could have done without the 6 hours of driving (there & back). It's hurting a bit, especially with the additional 2 hours I did today. You'll be happy to know that I got some good pictures of Lucky & Renji though, and I got another good shot today of Poco, but more on that in a little bit.

It's always hard to leave my home after a weekend there. Lucky is silently begging me not to go, Renji avoids me for most of the day, and I know it's hard on my mom as well, not to mention how hard it is on me to leave them again. I do need the extra schooling though, especially in today's society. I've decided to visit the Career Center on campus and talk to one of my professor's this week about how to go about trying to write a cover letter to a company in an area that I'm interested in, but may not have the experience that they want.

Anyway, I'm back in the dorm, Merlin & Dragoon are doing fine. Granted, Merlin flared at me, but that's normal . I fed them an extra pellet for dinner, and I could tell they both appreciated it. Very happy to see them. As I told Lucky-if I could, I'd go get the betta boys and come back home, but I can't! Poor Lucky, he couldn't believe I was leaving without him! He actually went to the door and looked back at me as I was walking towards the door as if to say, "Okay, I'm ready. I'm coming with!" Dog made me feel so bad .

I did see the horses before I really left to head back to the dorms. I groomed Poco, getting to know him better based on his ground manners, and I'll say it again-GENTLEST. HORSE. EVER! Or at least that I've met . When I was grooming him, he would lift up his back legs to let me know that he didn't like something, I'd stop, he'd put the back leg down, and then I'd continue, typically using less pressure, or taking it slower and he'd be fine! Such a lovable horse! The only problem I can see so far is that when he's left alone, he get's into mischief, like trying to untie himself from the hitching rail! Otherwise, he's a good horse and I really hope he continues to heal!

Um...yeah! So hopefully pictures tomorrow, sorry that they're not up today! Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #313 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I chuckled at the part of Poco getting into mischief and untying himself XD lol reminds me of the horses that I used to groom as well ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #314 
dramaqueen
Banned

I love hearing about your animals. Poco sounds like a sweetheart.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #315 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
I chuckled at the part of Poco getting into mischief and untying himself XD lol reminds me of the horses that I used to groom as well ^_^
Luckily he didn't actually untie himself, I caught him in the act . I think if I'd left him alone longer he would have done just that though! I could see how he was thinking: "Now if I just pull this that way I should be good to go!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I love hearing about your animals. Poco sounds like a sweetheart.
Thanks! Poco is really a sweetheart! I don't think he has a mean bone in his body!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #316 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol yeah, I still giggle at that though. It's just so amusing to think of a horse getting into mischief, I know plenty of them do it's just still funny in my mind. I think my mom's old horse was a mischief maker but also such a lovable horse much like Poco. She would tell me about how she used to sit down cross legged and she would lay next to her and lay her head down on my mom's lap. Yeah, all fun and games until the horse falls asleep like that, horse head's are heavy! lol
Old 10-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #317 
BettaLover1313

So no pictures again...today I blame it on laziness/staying out until a little bit ago, but do not fret! You shall get pictures...eventually! Or, if you prefer-Procrastinators unite!...Tomorrow!

I'm starting to believe that Dragoon didn't flare before for one of the following reasons:

1) Didn't know he was a betta.
2) Didn't know that he could flare
3) Was content with life until the camera appeared
4) Was never irritated with me before/got fed on time [his opinion].

Anyway, he flared at me today after I threw away a pop can (in the recycling bin, mind you). He wasn't happy with that for some reason *shrugs*.

About all there is to report today really!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #318 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol yes, we shall unite tomorrow...or maybe the day after....not really sure....

I love reason number 1 XD cracked me up hahah!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #319 
BettaLover1313

I love reason number 1 XD cracked me up hahah![/quote]

I really wish I'd posted sooner, since earlier yesterday I had some really good reasons! Number One was just one of them. Oh the curse of procrastination!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #320 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol, that's okay. You'll think of them later and then just go ahead and post them, I'd still love to see them!