Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #341 
twolovers101

oh god I just started reading that red potion page... I got halfway into the green text section and said "okay I'm done" not going any further

I have problems with chronic nightmares as it is... *cuddles kitty*
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #342 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
oh god I just started reading that red potion page... I got halfway into the green text section and said "okay I'm done" not going any further

I have problems with chronic nightmares as it is... *cuddles kitty*
Yeah, that stuff scares me too, though once I convince myself it's not real I tend to do better, but it took me awhile with that stuff.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #343 
BettaLover1313

Okay! Been a busy few days but fun ones!

I really wish I'd stop having recurring dreams about Merlin ending up on Dragoon's side of the tank/Merlin dying by ending up on the other side of the barrier and Dragoon looking like he's barely hang in there after a fight. It really freaks me out, and I tend to get 3 right in a row. It's been a couple weeks since I had a dream involving them getting past the barrier and getting together...probably has to do with the fact that I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow.

Today I did a 1/2 water change for Merlin & Dragoon, and Merlin kept trying to go up the hose again >.< while Dragoon just fled, trying to stay out of the way (smart betta)! They did get treats today, and a "trick-or-treat" last night .

Not much else to report on the betta boys, but for me, I splurged a bit today and bought the Traditional Breyer of Zenyetta's first colt-Cozmic One (picture below) and one Stablemate Mystery Foal set (won't show the foal so as to not spoil it for anybody). I also got myself a new wallet since my old one was falling apart and I did buy an ink cartridge for my printer since it didn't want to print without it .

Zenyetta's first foal-Cozmic One! He's a yearling now, this came out when he was born .

Mare & Stallion Mystery Foal set I bought-the foal is soooo cute!!!

May go back at a later date and pick up this set, since I do love how these drafts look, and I imagine that the foal is adorable!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #344 
BettaLover1313

Chicago was awesome!!! I wish I could have taken pictures of the art at S.O.F.A. though, but they didn't allow photography unless you were press (which somehow our adviser managed to convince them of that XD). I did get some wonderful pictures of the art in the galleries that we visited before going to S.O.F.A.

I came home last night and this is what transpired with the bettas:

BL1313: I'm back!
Dragoon: *wakes up immediately, but stays in his log* Hi!
Merlin: Zzzzzzzz
BL1313: Merlin? Are you all right?
Merlin: Zzzzzzzz
Dragoon: *comes out of log* Hi! You were gone a long time and forgot to feed me! Food?
BL1313: *worried now* Merlin?
Merlin: Zzzz *wakes up* Wah? Oh! Hi! *does happy dance*

They did get fed this morning, of course, and now they're just swimming around, enjoying themselves immensely. Merlin's been particularly happy and watchful since I've woken up this morning, while Dragoon has just been hyper . I was pleasantly surprised to see that Merlin had built a small bubble nest, while Dragoon seems to be in the process of making a massive one in-between his hyperactivity.

I will try to post some of my favorite gallery works from yesterday on here either today or tomorrow, depending on how quickly I get my homework done/applications for internships filled out. I won't post them all since I did take quite a few pictures!

Well, that's all for now, I will probably post something later!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #345 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
Okay! Been a busy few days but fun ones!

I really wish I'd stop having recurring dreams about Merlin ending up on Dragoon's side of the tank/Merlin dying by ending up on the other side of the barrier and Dragoon looking like he's barely hang in there after a fight. It really freaks me out, and I tend to get 3 right in a row. It's been a couple weeks since I had a dream involving them getting past the barrier and getting together...probably has to do with the fact that I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow.

Today I did a 1/2 water change for Merlin & Dragoon, and Merlin kept trying to go up the hose again >.< while Dragoon just fled, trying to stay out of the way (smart betta)! They did get treats today, and a "trick-or-treat" last night .

Not much else to report on the betta boys, but for me, I splurged a bit today and bought the Traditional Breyer of Zenyetta's first colt-Cozmic One (picture below) and one Stablemate Mystery Foal set (won't show the foal so as to not spoil it for anybody). I also got myself a new wallet since my old one was falling apart and I did buy an ink cartridge for my printer since it didn't want to print without it .

Zenyetta's first foal-Cozmic One! He's a yearling now, this came out when he was born .

Mare & Stallion Mystery Foal set I bought-the foal is soooo cute!!!

May go back at a later date and pick up this set, since I do love how these drafts look, and I imagine that the foal is adorable!
I love those sets! I used to collect them when I was younger.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #346 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
I love those sets! I used to collect them when I was younger.
I love the Traditional models more than the other sizes, but Stablemates have become my recent purchases of Breyer, since they're the only size that will fit in my dorm room lol. Not to mention they're much cheaper than their Traditional counterparts.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #347 
BettaLover1313

So I thought that I would post again yesterday, but that didn't happen as I hung out with my room mate and a couple friends where we got Chinese (which early this morning let me know that it hadn't been as good as it had seemed), watched World War Z, and then proceeded to play on my room mate's XBOX for the remainder of the evening. Overall, a good day!

Went to classes today, as usual, worked, and then I went to Farm & Fleet to pick up the draft horse set of the mystery foal set (picture in previous post), and I must say the foal is just as adorable as the other one, plus I love the mare! Someone else happens to like the stallion, but more on that later . I also went to Wal-Mart to pick up a hole puncher, and while there, I was checking out the CDs & DVDs when what should I see but Balto & Balto II for only $5! You can bet I grabbed that! Two movies for just $5? Not a question!

On to the fish! Merlin made sure to let me know that he didn't appreciate my early morning escapades to the bathroom when I fed him this morning by flaring. Dragoon didn't seem to care either way, he just wanted his meal, which is what makes him so adorable many days! Anyway, I bought the draft set of stablemates not only for myself, but I wanted to see if Merlin would like either the mare or the stallion to sit on his side of the tank. First, I tried the mare, since the stallion is the exact same mold as Toby, who sits on Dragoon's side of the tank...yeah...Merlin flared at the mare when I set her down near his side of the tank. So then I tried the stallion, and low and behold, Merlin loves him. So I now have Toby, the black & white tobiano, and Tucker, the dapple grey. Guardians of the tank! I know Merlin loves Tucker since he keeps staring at the Breyer model; not flaring, not patrolling, just staring at it until he decides he wants to mosey somewhere else on his side of the tank. I have strange fish! I shall try to get a picture of the tank soon so you can see the two horses on either side of the tank and the rags that are baffling the filter.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #348 
BettaLover1313

I finally went through the pictures I took in Chicago, and I got a couple uploaded, unfortunately, the rest didn't want to load onto the site I wanted them to be on, so it'll be a bit longer before I get those up.

The boys are doing well, though I'm starting to feel like Merlin's tail is always going to look ragged just due to how much he flares...I notice another hole in his tail today, I don't know what to do to keep him from flaring so much. He doesn't even need something to be near the tank, he'll just flare up and start patrolling for no reason that I can see! Dragoon is usually on the exact opposite side of the tank when this starts, there are no loud noises, and my room mate and I aren't doing anything out of the ordinary...I can't figure him out! Love him though! Especially since I think we're either at, or a little over, being together for 6 months. Hard to believe that I bought him only a few months ago. He's certainly a special little guy, as is Dragoon, who keeps building bubble nests like no tomorrow!

Classes went well today, and I'm just waiting to get a schedule for this week for work (or hoping that I don't get one, either way, I need to know if I work). I REALLY want to go home this weekend to see my mom, Lucky, and Renji! Hopefully by tomorrow I'll know.

That's pretty much it for today. I can't promise when the pictures will be up since I do need to finish a project by tomorrow night, but we'll see!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #349 
BettaLover1313

Quick post before I work on homework:

Anyone else read this article? As interesting and eye-appealing/catching as these tanks are, I can't help wondering about the health of the fish in several of them.

I'll hopefully be posting later once I get my homework done along with attending a wing meeting!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #350 
Huffle Puffles

I do like the maze one, I could see Mysti having tons of fun exploring in there! Or any betta for that matter seeing as how curious they all are. However, the sink, that just weirds me out.
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote