Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #351 
BettaLover1313

Whew! Been a very productive day today! Got a lot of homework done, including some that is technically due Friday, but I already have it turned in . Cleaned out half of the boys water today, did my work for my job, of course, and I did my laundry. A very good day overall!

Merlin was a pest, as usual, when I was vacuuming. I'm not sure if he's trying to help or hoping I'll somehow uncover some food that he missed. Dragoon was actually better today with the vacuum so I'm hoping that he's getting used to things entering his water *fingers crossed*.

Best news of all today was that I do not have to work this weekend or any other weekend after (unless it's for vacuuming, which is not very likely-maybe once or twice). So I get to go home this weekend! EXTREMELY HAPPY!!! I get to see my mom, Lucky, Renji, the horses, and the owner of them of course! What's even better is that my mom said that it can be a stay-at-home weekend just like I want!!! To make this even better, my first and last classes of the day on Friday are cancelled, so I have time to pack before Financial Accounting, and then I can work, and then go home!!!

Now, for the part you've all been waiting for...art trip pictures!

My favorite picture of Chicago taken from a very high floor in Lake Tower.

Love this picture!!!

Pretty overhead shot of a park.

Cool U.S. Postage Stamp piece by Jordan Scott.

Some cool pieces by Courtney Timmermans

Blown glass deer by Katja Fritzsche-probably my favorite piece of all the art galleries.

Welp! That's all from me for today!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #352 
Huffle Puffles

OMG! I waaaant that skull and deer head by Courtney Timmermans. So cool. Do you know what they were made with/of?
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #353 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffle Puffles View Post
OMG! I waaaant that skull and deer head by Courtney Timmermans. So cool. Do you know what they were made with/of?
Unfortunately the card just gave the artist's name. My friends and I speculated that she used some sort of pins, can't say what the base was though. We did see some more of her work at S.O.F.A. though! (Sculptural Ocbjectsl Functional Art & Design) but since I couldn't take pictures/didn't see another identification card, still don't really know how she did those.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #354 
BettaLover1313

Procrastinators unite!...Tomorrow!

I'm currently procrastinating on the studying and homework I have to do tonight (2 hours since I got back to Platteville) so I thought I'd procrastinate some more!

Anywho! This weekend went great! I got to spend a lot of time with Lucky this weekend, I saw the horses twice, and I just got to lounge around my house! I plan to go home next weekend, weather permitting too.

With Lucky, he was a cuddle-bug both nights! So I had a warm, soft puppy sleeping next to me through the cold nights. Renji was very snugly this weekend as well, but he was more snugly with Mom than me. That's normal though. I did get to see my grandparents this weekend (brought the dog) and though that wasn't really a highlight of the weekend, at least it made them happy. This morning was the best though, since my mom used farm-fresh eggs to make sunny-side up eggs with bacon and toast-something we don't usually have!

It was great seeing the horses, and it was even better to hear/see that Poco is doing better! I watched him get a massage today, and I attempted to help them evaluate him (still have a lot to learn) and I got to groom Jewel today and give some love to all the other horses. I also got to help out with the coonhounds this weekend by helping the owner change the water since some leaves got in their water, making it dark and nasty.

Merlin & Dragoon are doing well after having a weekend to themselves. I made sure to feed them as soon as I came in. Now they're quite happy with their world once more. I'm going to try and take pictures of them & their tank later tonight or sometime tomorrow, but I can't say when I'll get said photos uploaded.

Well, I think that's enough procrastinating, now I need to either work on my paper or study, either way, I need to get started!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #355 
BettaLover1313

Paper is done as is studying! Yay!!! Just waiting for my professor to respond to see if I actually had to write two papers >.< since the wording for the one I did says it's extra but I could have sworn that she said it could be substituted for the other paper. *shrugs* I wish she'd respond though since I e-mailed her 3 hours ago...
Old 11-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #356 
PetMania

I hate it when teachers don't respond. Especially when they tell you, "Oh you can e-mail me because I'll reply immediatly." Haha haha, no.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #357 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
I hate it when teachers don't respond. Especially when they tell you, "Oh you can e-mail me because I'll reply immediatly." Haha haha, no.
She's never said that (otherwise I'd be really ticked off & not just stressed lol) but it's still annoying since I worded the title so that she'd know it was something that she should probably look at sooner rather than later considering that it deals with an assignment that's due tomorrow. Some days professors really confuse me!

Last edited by BettaLover1313; 11-10-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 11-11-2013, 01:45 AM   #358 
dramaqueen
Banned

Things sure are different these days than when I was in college. We had no Internet. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #359 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Things sure are different these days than when I was in college. We had no Internet. Lol
Lol. I probably wouldn't procrastinate as much if the internet didn't exist, since then I'd have to go to the library to do research.

Never did get a response from that teacher. Oh well. Fingers crossed that I was right in what I heard in class and that I didn't misunderstand.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #360 
BettaLover1313

I just love it when teachers do not answer your questions and instead, when they do reply, they confuse you even further -.-'