Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #11 
Laki

Those pre-set heaters can over heat or under heat. You'll never know unless you have a thermometer. I have 2 pre-sets, one is 10w and the other is "50"w so they keep the water slightly different temps bc they're operating on different wattages.

He's very nice looking! Don't medicate unless you see the black edges spread. Just moniter the fins by keeping clean water. I don't think it's necessary to medicate yet. It doesn't look like rot to me personally.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #12 
mrluis03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Those pre-set heaters can over heat or under heat. You'll never know unless you have a thermometer. I have 2 pre-sets, one is 10w and the other is "50"w so they keep the water slightly different temps bc they're operating on different wattages.

He's very nice looking! Don't medicate unless you see the black edges spread. Just moniter the fins by keeping clean water. I don't think it's necessary to medicate yet. It doesn't look like rot to me personally.
They can!?!?!? Thats no good! Ok I will get one as soon as possible. Oki is loving the heater. He stood next to it all day today haha. Im so happy! Hopefully it helps his fin rot! Thank you for your nice complement! I know it is fin rot because I see his back fin rotting away sadly.
mrluis03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, fin, rot, tail