Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #1 
Ashashi

Unhappy Any advice??? -long post-

I'm having a water flow problem! The filer is moving it too fast. I have it slightly baffled with an aquarium sponge but it doesn't stop it enough and its making Leo very cranky...

Leo is also surprisingly aggressive to Raph, my red crowntail and his tank mate with the divider. Poor Raph can't do much near the divider without Leo chasing him off...

He's also looking thin and I'm not sure what to do.

I was fasting him and Leo when they both had Swim bladder issues due to over feeding off and on, just recently got them back on a day-to-day feeding schedule.

Raph had also been sick at one point when he was in his 1.5 gal tank. I think it was fin rot of some kind because his rays thinned out completely and even broke off and the webbing between them receded.

He got better, but his rays have been very thin and fragile looking, and he lost the little feisty attitude he had when I first got him :<

Not sure what to do...

the tank's temp is higher to help with the fins, been giving some aloe fused destresser to help improve the growth for both him and Leo. But Raph never seems to improve and I'm worried, especially with Leo being a big bully.

Raph is somewhat active still. He'll swim up to the glass if I'm nearby and hang out in corners where he knows Leo can't flare at him, otherwise he's in a corner.

I recently moved them to the 10 gal divided tank so maybe they're still getting used to things, idk...

can anyone help me out?
Ashashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #2 
soundwave

Are they named after ninja turtles? :) Try putting some plants and stuff at the divider to prevent them from seeing each other. I dunno about the other issues.
soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #3 
Ashashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
Are they named after ninja turtles? :) Try putting some plants and stuff at the divider to prevent them from seeing each other. I dunno about the other issues.
Yeah they're named after ninja turtles :) Leo's not blue but he has blue flecks of scales here and there and he's a double tail, like how Leonardo has two swords!

And... that's a great idea o.o I just hope Raph doesn't mind the sudden invasion XD; such a skiddish guy nowadays... thanks!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #4 
KohakuRiver

Many hiding places are definitely a good idea. If you have another tank it may also be prudent to remove one of your bettas and put him in his own tank. What does your tank look like now?
KohakuRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #5 
Ashashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohakuRiver View Post
Many hiding places are definitely a good idea. If you have another tank it may also be prudent to remove one of your bettas and put him in his own tank. What does your tank look like now?

This is the tank at the moment. I'm hoping to get more plants soon but as you can see both are hiding fairly well XD
Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #6 
Ashashi

wah sorry for the big photo wow I had no idea it would come out this big! O_O