Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #11 
jadaBlu

Yes do go see a counselor. When I was young my parents didn't get divorced (they are divorced now) they stayed together for the sake of the kids. Like you I was very bothered by their conflicts and I felt bad I had to wait until I was 18 to work out those conflicts as that is when I was free to do what I wanted.

I want you to know you want to get help now so you can work this out and be a happy teenager and adult. There are many people that have been in your shoes. The important thing is to work on this right away.

Your parents conflicts can follow you as you grow up and you can make bad choices in friends and with the people you date because you are feeling bad about yourself. You want to put yourself in the frame of mind that you accept nothing but the best for yourself in your thoughts in your mind and in your life as your grow up. A good counselor can help you do that.

You can also start a journal to talk about how you feel write letters to God if you believe in higher power, write letters to the people or pets in your life that you want to say things to. Writing a letter to pets that have passed away can help you work through grief. Writing can really help you feel better. You have your whole life ahead of you and so hang in there it does get better. I know from experience.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #12 
alwaysaBettaLover

Your right. And I do believe it gets better,though now I'm still trying to figure out how to feel,I believe time will heal all wounds, and especially this one.
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #13 
crowntaillove3

I clearly remember when I felt like you. I had just been diagnosed with Tourette's Syndrome, and I felt alone. I also developed REALLY bad insomnia, and a small case of anxiety. I felt like absolute crap. Until I realized that I wasn't alone; I had people all around me that I could turn to that I didn't turn to, and I had this realization that 1 in 100 kids have T.S. I started to talk to people, I even gave my class and entire presentation about it, just so they could better understand my twitches. I don't know if you have T.S., but what I'm trying to say is that talking about it is best. Now, I look at T.S. as just a part of me that I can't change. I hope this helped! We all have your back.
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #14 
alwaysaBettaLover

Defenately!! I guess I never realized all the people who care about me, and I'm all my sorrow, I forgot...
Old 06-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #15 
NeptunesMom

Another thing you might want to consider is yoga. I had horrible anxiety (to the point I couldn't leave my home without taking enough drugs to tranquilize an elephant), and my doctor knew I didn't want to be so "out of it all the time" because I was just starting college at the time. She recommended I try yoga, and within a month I was off all my meds. I only did yoga for a couple months about 5 years ago, and I still to this day no longer take meds to control my anxiety attacks. I know anxiety is a little different than depression, but it might be worth a try for you.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #16 
Fenghuang

Exercise. You know a runner's high? Same principle. If you exercise, endorphins are released and they act almost like antidepressants. Being active can help aleviate some depression. But when you have depression, bringing yourself to do anything can be difficult.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #17 
cowboy

We care for more than just our fish. Sounds by all the responses you have many people you didn't know who are supporting you. You can include me as well. I've learned over time that when things feel they are at their worst they generally have a way of turning around. Hang on, keep busy and talk, talk, talk.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #18 
alwaysaBettaLover

Apparently when I was younger, I did yoga (recently I found out that when I stretch Im doing a yoga move. And I thought everyone did that when they stretched.) And yesterday was the first time my depression was that bad.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #19 
alwaysaBettaLover

I also find that drawing helps a lot because its so relaxing, and you can't thunk about anything else.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #20 
justmel

Writing works for me, but my daughter draws. Just like with many things in life you need to find what really works for you. If drawing helps relieve your stress the DRAW and draw some more. :)
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote