Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #21 
fishyinpa

Heh well i did the water change,soon as the air hits the bubbles they go bye bye. Lol. So no saving it. But thats okay like Kim said gives em something to do.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #22 
Haeclark

ya my buy blew a few nests when I first got him,...in an un-cycled tank [didn't know any better]
but now since he's had his fin rot, no solid nests, just scattered bubbles.
they do seem to be quit picky / temperamental, even though they are tough at the same time [my little guy is quit determined ;D]
Haeclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #23 
fishyinpa

aww poor guy. maybe one day he will blow ya a nest again lol. My guy seemed quite miffed at me that all his hard work was gone. Hope he forgives me. :)
Old 01-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, he'll blow another one in a few days. One of mine got his water changed yesterday and he blew a nice nest, I guess overnight. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #25 
fishyinpa

yay! lol thatll make me happy. til i gotta do his water again.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #26 
Pezzankeefo

Wat n why do they build bubble nests my partner n I just cleaned his tank it was so disgusting b filled with bubbles we thought it was dirty lol
Pezzankeefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #27 
CyerRyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I have had bettas that never made real nests, just scattered bubbles all around.
I'm glad I saw this post since I seen a lot of people post about their betta making bubble nests. I think mine does the scattered ones cuz I find little bubble's on both sides of his bowl at the top and not in any particular order. I don't know if that's really a bubble nest or just bubbles that are "there". Just happy to know that its normal for scattered or none at all.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:58 AM   #28 
Harley

Harley always makes a nest the second day he's in a bowl (when I wake up I see it) after a water change. He's in QT right now so the water gets changed everyday. This morning he had a few scattered bubbles on top but I wasn't 100% sure it was bubble nest material. I guess they are. After the bowl I upgraded him to a 10g and he never makes them now. Someone suggested trying to make a larger ring out of airline tubing to give him a "safe zone" but unfortunately that didn't work, oh well...
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #29 
Neil D

My betta blows random bubbles. He hasn't blown a nest yet, but I've only had him for two weeks. Hmmm....I hope he does blow one though:3
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #30 
amethystlady

I have had my CT male since last October and no bubble nest. However, I am wondering if the Eclipse filter is just a little too strong? I think I have seem some bubbles but they disperse.
amethystlady is offline   Reply With Quote