Betta Fish Forum banner

betta bowl 2.5 rant and solution

956 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  redcharizard 
#1 ·
okay so in December my girlfriend about me a betta bowl 2.5 with two decorations and a gift card to petco.

i went and about me some more decoration, water treatment, filter pads, food, and two baby betta. i set up everything and put the fish in feed them crushed pellets because i was a noob. anyways eventually one of them got over/thru/teleported idk to the other side and they tore reach other to hell.
so i tried all kinds of solution weighing the divider down, plastic canvas, and silicone. nothing worked.

they had many fights because i tried many solutions and all failed i hate that bowl its not worth the money they charge and its very disappointing to have that divider fail because i put in to much work to take care of them and keep them stress free and raising them as babies

so on monday i go into petco with out my reciept get and exchange for a ten gallon tank with lights,filter,heater, gravel and some ghost shrimp. ive done a lot of reading up to this point. i make my own divider and now fight incidents nothing everything is perfect fish are happy and so are most or the shrimp because blu chases them so they jump over to reds side

the following pictures are a history and summery of my rant

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm glad your guys are in a ten gallon tank now! They must be very happy in their new home with all the space to swim around! Plus, the tank looks great!

I am concerned about the darker of the two, though... how long as he (she?) been bloated like that? It doesn't look healthy... and in a divided tank, it's important to treat sick fish before they can pass disease on to their tankmates.

#3 · (Edited)
she/he (im not sure either ) has been like that since a constipation bout after i got it to poop bloat went down it came back with feeding
poop and scales all look normal and there's lots of poop
red had a day when it pooped white but that was gone the next day

and yes they are very happy their personalities have changed a little

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.