Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #11 
White Mage

There's a simple solution.... Tetra Safestart+fish=done. Seriously, save yourself the time. D: lol

Its about $12, but well worth it. Cycled all 4 tanks of mine with it, tank was basically cycled the next day.
White Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #12 
Flapmon

We've already begun the cycle so there's no point in starting over again. I'd prefer to be thorough and get things right the long way rather then try do it the short way. I refuse to put a fish through a cycle as well. So I'll stick to the fish food and stress zyme but I'll squash the food down to powder before putting it into the tank. (:
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #13 
LittleBettaFish

I don't think we have Tetra safestart here either. Seachem Stability is one option but I found it not worth the price of the bottle it came in. We do have a very good Australian owned brand called Aquasonic that does produce bacteria in bottle products. I have never tried them, but it would be interesting to see how they compare.

Not sure what you are doing now, but maybe put the food in a stocking and that way it will keep more contained and not get everywhere?
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #14 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I don't think we have Tetra safestart here either. Seachem Stability is one option but I found it not worth the price of the bottle it came in. We do have a very good Australian owned brand called Aquasonic that does produce bacteria in bottle products. I have never tried them, but it would be interesting to see how they compare.

Not sure what you are doing now, but maybe put the food in a stocking and that way it will keep more contained and not get everywhere?
Sprinkling food in everyday. Cycling two filters in a 20L tank.
Got to add stress zyme one last time.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:34 AM   #15 
Flapmon

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=171466
Old 06-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #16 
LittleBettaFish

I would personally confine it in a stocking. That way at least it wouldn't be getting into your filter/everywhere.

Cycling a tank sucks. I am so glad my goldfish tank is cycled so I can just grab media from there.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #17 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I would personally confine it in a stocking. That way at least it wouldn't be getting into your filter/everywhere.

Cycling a tank sucks. I am so glad my goldfish tank is cycled so I can just grab media from there.
Good idea. I'll look for cheap stockings. :3
Old 06-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #18 
Hallyx
Reference Team

If you're sticking with fishfood, powderizing it also cuts back on the possibility of mold. (Good instinct, there.)

Sorry you can't get pure ammonia in Australia. Bet your water is pretty soft, though. Helps take the toxic out of ammonia.

I cycled my first tank with shrimp. Only had a little mold around the shrimp/mesh. But that tank smelled funny during the cycle and ever since.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote