Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #1 
bniebetta

Help me pick an Auto-changer

Need some opinions.... Still lugging buckets and it sucks. Big time. I am looking at auto-water changers and firstly want to know what the best brand is and why, of if I should just go the DIY route. The top three seem to be Aqueon (not a fan of this brand anyway), Python, and Meridian. Some of the gossip is that lugging buckets is more worth it because these things have less suction and do not vac the gravel as thoroughly and get rid of the water faster than you can clean. SO. What's the verdict? Please let me know asap and with as much detail as possible so I can hurry up and order :)
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I don't use one... I still lug buckets lol. I've heard of people siphoning with a hose and a window and I might try it this summer. Then you can run a hose from your tap to your tanks.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #3 
LizbethDawn

I bought a python and the thing is huge. It will be good for my 50 gallon once I get it set up but for my 5 and 10 it's just way to fast.
LizbethDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #4 
OrangeAugust

I got a python but after I got it home I realized it can't screw on to any of my faucets!! DX
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

I say the python because many people say itis the sturdiest of the three.

Why aren't you a fan of Aqueon in general? Do you like their glass tanks? They are the leading tank manufacurer...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #6 
bniebetta

I don't really know.... haha. I haven't really had a bad experience I just have this odd aversion to it and I don't really know were it came from. Maybe it's that I feel it's a "go-to" brand and there are better things out there. And their water changer looks like a piece of crap from the picture haha. I'm weird like that, and I am working on opening my mind to it a little.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #7 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniebetta View Post
I don't really know.... haha. I haven't really had a bad experience I just have this odd aversion to it and I don't really know were it came from. Maybe it's that I feel it's a "go-to" brand and there are better things out there. And their water changer looks like a piece of crap from the picture haha. I'm weird like that, and I am working on opening my mind to it a little.
I've heard that the water changer IS a piece of crap lol....But their aquariums are my favorite aquariums :)
Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #8 
bniebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
I've heard that the water changer IS a piece of crap lol....But their aquariums are my favorite aquariums :)
Good to know! I'll have to take a look at them
Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #9 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniebetta View Post
Good to know! I'll have to take a look at them
A product of theirs that is actually underrated is their betta food. Many people seem to look down upon it but based on the research I have done about ingredients in foods, it is what I would recommend people get if they can't get NLS...I may start a thread about this...
Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #10 
bniebetta

I would like to read that thread, you should do it. In fact you should give us some more products like that which are right under our noses that we overlook!