Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #31 
DreamerHorse

Nope, no internet. When I'm at home I use weak internet signals on my DSi. It defintely sucks.

There's no petstore where I live a few towns from my dad, and previous no ones that I knew of by my dad. But I saw the name when we passed it, googled it, found they have a facebook page, and asked them about betta fish and food. Their response made me hopeful that they'll add Omega one or New Life Spectrum to the things they sell.

I've heard great things about moss. After I've got the tank all set up with the beach gravel, divider, and plants, I'll try and get me some.
DreamerHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #32 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That's sounds great! Two fish foods that I and my Betta's both love That's fantastic though

Yeah moss really is fantastic, my girls like to swim through theirs too, looks almost like they are being pet by it
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #33 
DreamerHorse

Yea, I've been wanting to upgrade on food for a while. They do requests on pets and fish, and supplies, so we'll see. I'm hoping that they have aquarium sealant, more plants, and some moss.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #34 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol I was going to inquire what size tank this is XD and then I looked at the title and chuckled to myself lol

So are you getting more gravel or is the one bucket enough to cover it all or are you mixing? Totally not really related to anything, but I was just wondering lol

You can use regular sealant from wal-mart, you just need to find one that is 100% silicone with no additives or repellents of mold/mildew is all. But of course it is easier to just find regular aquarium silicone lol
Old 06-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #35 
DreamerHorse

Lol. The 1 gallon bucket should be enough, and then I'll put some of the rocks in the tank on to of the beach gravel. I'll look at the silicone at the beginning of the month, but I figure if the petstore has sealant, why not go for it when I can? I'm going to try the way withought sealant first though.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #36 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yeah, I agree about the sealant, just I was just letting you know as well my wal-mart doesn't carry any that's 100% since last I looked (few months ago) but you never know

So 1 gallon to cover all 10 gallons? Usually you use 2 pounds of gravel per gallon, but this is your tank! Don't want to intrude or nothing, just curious lol I should just be a cat so I can be named Curiosity >.<
Old 06-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #37 
DreamerHorse

Yea. The 100% silicone sealant doesn't look promising.

As for gravel, I can always get more and repeat the cycle of preparing it, but it took a long while of collecting it. So I'm hoping that won't be the case. I thought it was 2.5 pounds of gravel for 10 gallons? The bucket is awfully heavy.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #38 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Usually it's just 2 pounds.

You know I'm being silly, you said it was a 1 gallon bucket right? I kept thinking that it was only 1 pound of gravel lol, yeah it should be enough then XD that's what I get for reading things wrong and assuming! lol
Old 06-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #39 
DreamerHorse

Lol, it happens to the best of us. I'm thinking if this goes well I might just plant and cycle the 2.5g with the same beach gravel. ;)
Old 06-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #40 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol I blame my ADHD, who doesn't these days >.<

But that's great! I think I might go down to my river and see what I can pick up there. Currently I took plants from my Pond and if they survive the few months in QT and grow well, they can go into my sorority tank ^_^

Oh just be careful about taking from other private lands and state lands, many times it is illegal if they catch you, but otherwise should be fine I'm currently on the hunt for some nice driftwood pieces!