Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #51 
DreamerHorse

Lol yea. Maybe sometime else. ^.^ My dad doesn't agree about the whole boiling thing but then again my dad isn't an expert on fish. xP
DreamerHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #52 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol yeah, neither am I, I just know a few things here and there

Boiling doesn't have to be long, 5 minutes will suffice but it will literally kill all sorts of parasites that might be living there if found from the wild.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #53 
DreamerHorse

Yea. I'm thinking of dividing the tank for all of my fish (3 slots). It'd be a little cramped but it'd work. Only problem, the filter is an external filter and I'd either have to get a different hood or different filter.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #54 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah my 10 gallon is divided in 3! It's not cramped, they each get about 3.3 gallons still I actually don't use a hood on my 10 gallon but I keep the water down about 2-2.5 inches. External filter as in a hang on back (HOB)? Your hood should have a slot for that that you can break out.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #55 
DreamerHorse

It does, but it would mean one fish wouldn't get 3.3. If the filter was shoved all the way to the side, sure. Either way, I might just go hood less, put both tetra heaters on both ends, and the filter in the middle. That sound good? ;)
Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #56 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

You won't need two heaters, that might actually fry them. I suggest just two filters, one at each end. I have one HOB at the right side of the tank and the heater is next to it (the flow is diverted with a water bottle baffle) so the heat is dispersed through the whole tank and then I have an internal filter on the other end that is facing inward to create more flow.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #57 
DreamerHorse

That sounds really good. And you have a point with the heaters, I was just worried that the tetra heaters might not be able to keep up with a 10g. I have an internal Tetra Whisper filter, it takes medium sized filter cartridges and has an adjustable flow.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #58 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah, yeah no they'll be fine. I also use the Tetra 50 watt heater on my 10. I've got the Aqua-Tech 5-15 from wal-mart and a Marina mini filter
Old 06-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #59 
DreamerHorse

I've got the AquaTech 5-15 too. ^.^ And I have more than enough fake plants until I can get real. :) I actually can't wait to get the report covers and get started. It's going to be fun getting them all in one space with less plugins being taken up.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #60 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah! I never siliconed mine, I just used Mesh and made it tight fitting but I want to do the silcone and the dividers like that because it just looks nice, not messy if you do it right