Old 08-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #61 
LebronTheBetta

WHOA! o.O Beautiful.

Mind telling us if you'll do free commissions anytime soon? xD
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #62 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol Lebron, I've got to make a living somehow! haha I do plan on having a "sale" day sometime soon but I want to have a whole day to just sit and draw as I get requests. Mostly will be in 1-2 dollars range but obviously nothing to terribly fancy

And I'm super glad you like him Janan! He was fun to draw once I got passed the stage of "what-the-heck-am-I-going-to-do-for-the-background"!?!?! that I always hit XD haha
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #63 
justmel

Looking at your art just gets me all excited again to see the big piece you are working on for me. I know it's going to take awhile & I'm in no hurry, so if you need to fit a smaller one (like these) in here and there while working on mine that is fine. Just makes the suspense last longer! lol
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #64 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol! justmel, I normally work on a few at a time anyway just because I tend to get bored with one piece if I work on it too long at one time so then I just switch back and forth Right now I'm only working on two digital pieces, one is yours and one traditional painting as well ^_^
Old 08-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #65 
justmel

I'd really love to see some of your other work sometime. You have my email & facebook info if you wouldn't mind sharing it. :)
Old 08-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #66 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Sure! If anyone wants to look, my deviant art is just lilnaugrim.deviantart.com and you can check out my gallery I've got some pretty old stuff in there though haha, so ye be warned! XD

I can also share the tattoo design that I drew for my father and helped tattoo on here, warning, it's a hairy back though lol! I'll see if I can post some other stuff here as well!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #67 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

And as I promised here's the picture of my dad's tattoo. I lied about the hairy back since I forgot they shaved it all off haha But the original design was just a Rampant Lion (the lions on the side) holding a banner but we weren't sure of what it was going to say as of yet. Then he had the idea of making it a larger tattoo across the back as you see and with the banner as such.

The tattoo artist originally had the banner straight across but dad was like no, I want it arched! So the tattoo guy looked at me, handed me the tracing paper and put me to work XD lol So I drew it arched and redrew the letters (letters were his, not mine) and he was complaining how he couldn't draw arched letters to save his ass and it was rather funny! He taught me that tattoo artists were pretty much just glorified tracers XD it's funny because it's true! Either way, he's still a great tattoo artist because he did all the shading in the banner, that wasn't me. Although I'm not happy that the top word didn't arch as much as I wanted it to :-/ oh well.

I also helped shade in the black parts on the lion ^_^ my first tattoo experience, it was nerve wracking but I did a pretty good job and didn't hurt my dad either lol although...come to think of it...I should have jabbed him a few times XD he deserves it lmao

And this was Viva's commission, I had to shrink it otherwise it was going to stretch the page bad and I hate stretched pages! So it became a little grainy here but still looks pretty good I think!

And this is just one of my Pony OC's, her name is Solar Sketch

This oil painting is done on a 12x16 canvas and finished in a 9 hour sitting, was a Christmas present to my Memere and the three roses signifies us three girls (Memere, Mom and Me)

Another oil painting, this one is 18x24 though and that rosy house thing is no longer rosy, it's more just a regular slate grey lol But I love the wine glass and the reflections! And the distortion of the stuff behind the glass ^_^

And an actual portrait of my dad done with Ball Point pen and then ink for the pure black there and a slight ink wash over the whole portrait to make it warmer rather than cool as the Ball Point makes it. Portrait is 14x10 (Resized so it looks grainy)

And last but not least of my more recent works except my pastel stuff from last semester, here's one of my friends; Ashely. This is done in Sharpie Pen and with pointalism (dots) lots and lots of dots. Took me about 20 hours to do this and is 12x12
Old 08-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #68 
justmel

Oh wow. I'm speechless. Your work is simply amazing! I've seen your dads page on FB & your pic of him is great. I love the dotted picture above & can't imagine how much work and concentration that took. Viva's commission looks like a photgraph, even resized. I don't know what you plan on doing for a career, but I do believe you could make money with your art. Whatever you do don't ever start creating such beautiful pieces of art for others to enjoy. I've had a rather rough few days & the sample pic you sent of my tattoo totally changed everything. Gave me something to smile about and made me happy again.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #69 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

oh thank you so much! I feel just as good with those kind words! It's always nice to hear because sometimes I do forget why I love doing art and especially doing it for other's, it's just as amazing to me to see people's reactions to it and it really warms my heart every time. Being surrounded by other art students, I think it really get's lost in the everyday school life so I will definitely be continuing commissions during the year as well.

It's good exercise for me as well and kind of a sneak peak into the "real world" so to say haha, so thank you, thank you very much!

<3
Old 08-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #70 
Lucillia

<3 Lilnaugrim is one of the best artists I know!! She's incredible. ^^
Lucillia is offline   Reply With Quote