Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #1 
Shadyr

My fighter, Shimmer

When I started my sorority tank back in January, I listened to some not neccessarily bad, but not good for Bettas advice when I added my initial set of girls. Bad. Things. Happened. Out of 9, 4 did not make it (as far as I could tell, they didn't hurt each other, but they fell prey to opportunistic illnesses due to being too stressed. And then there was the 5th...she too got sick and hid, and when I saw her again, she was alive but stuck on the filter intake, and her upper lip was gone.

I turned the filter off and captured her as she swam weakly off it, and put her in a little 2G Kritter Keeper that had live plants. She got some mild treatments, and was still with me the next day, and the next, and the next. She could not eat the normal pellets anymore cause she couldn't grab them, but I found out quickly she was smart - she learned to eat mini-pellets by lunging at them and scooping them into her mouth. She healed, grew about half an inch and her colors came in - a pretty dark dark maroon with some teal accents on her fins.

She lived for 5 more months, but a few weeks ago she started losing color and growing more and more lethargic and less interested in food. She finally passed away, but she impressed me with her will to live and her ability to adapt. Good bye Shimmer!
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #2 
Haleigh

What an amazing girl. I'm so sorry for your loss, Shadyr. It sounds like you took great care of her and tried your best. SIP Shimmer.
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #3 
BettaPrincess13

She was a fighter

I'm sorry for your loss of such a great companion ):

S.I.P Shimmer
BettaPrincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote