betta fish

Old 12-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh my gosh, it sounds like you've got a small zoo in your room! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #12 
fishyinpa

Lmao yup I do. They are nice enough to let me have a bed and tv haha. Oh and a dresser for fishy to sit on. other than that its all theirs! My buns and pigs have a huge cube cage,gerbs in a 29 gallon tank,my one ham in a 20 gallon long tank and my other in a huge wire cage thats like the size of a small gp cage hehe. Not spoiled much or anything. Nah. :)
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I used to have hamsters years ago, when I was in college. I like hamsters. I like pretty much any kind of pet.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #14 
fishyinpa

Lol cool. Well its down to .5. Better than 2 or 4 id say. Do i have to another water change lmao or can it wait like a day. Heh. But then one more time might get it down to 0....ah well im hungry so he should be fine for awhile right? I hope so. I really need to go get a fish book lol.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think you can wait a day. You've been working so hard. lol Go get something to eat. Haahaa
Old 12-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #16 
MBilyeu

You shouldn't do more than one water change a day, and at the most it should be 50%. That would only be in extreme cases where the ammonia reads over 2.0ppm. If the water reads 1.0ppm or less try to only change 25% of the water at most, less would be better. Remember to test and change the water each day if that is what is needed to keep the levels down. Anything above 0.25ppm is toxic to the fish, and your goal should be to keep it under this amount if you can by following the above guidelines. Also whenever you put in your water conditioner(Prime or Amquel+ hopefully) make sure to let it sit there for a minute or two just to make sure that all the chlorine and heavy metals are gone before you add the water to the tank.
MBilyeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #17 
fishyinpa

Hehe okay I did eat. Im gonna out in a bit too,gonna hit a bookstore for a fishy book lol. Think there is a fish for dummies book? I think we both could use that one! Ah well,hopefully i find something useful. I got one betta book from the fish place but its not really helpful, i think its for like breeders or sumtin. Pretty pictures though lol. Thanks DQ for hanging out with me on here,else id be lonelyfish girl haha. Ttyl!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #18 
fishyinpa

Oh thanks, i didnt know that. My fish will be okay? I hope. Im leaving his tank alone now. Yup i let it sit for a good while before i put it in. It was up between 2 and 4 before i started. Then it got down to 1,now its down to .5. So like i said ill leave it alone for the time being. So a 25% change is okay for daily purposes? Sounds good to me! Yup I will keep testing the water every day to make sure its going down and hopefully get to 0 or .25 eventually.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

It was fun hanging out and "talking". :)
Old 12-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, I went out and got my aquarium book. It seems to have a lot of good info in it. It tells about cycling, different fish species, maintaing a tank and all kinds of info. It's called The Everything Aquarium book by Frank Indiviglio. I just read a few things so far but plan on getting into it later. Hopefully, I'll learn SOMETHING! lol