betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #131 
Finatic

woops guess I answered this question late XD
Old 08-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #132 
ANHEL123

Pop eye

If sebamb advice don't helped try the medication i know.it was very successful when i treated my betta from different disease,but this medication recommended for pop eye too.

Medications: tetracycline mix togeter with fungus eliminator by gangle. i also add aquarium salt.

tetracycline treats gram positive and gram negative bacteria.
fungus eliminator clears serious fungus and bacteria fast -an effective anti-protozoan,antibacterial treatment that is highly effective against fungus,grey slime,fin and tail rot,cloudy eye .

this mix of those medications ameizing.i treat fin rot about 1.2 y ago and fish still alive. Ilso one of my co worker betta had columnaris and he recovered. We treat him about 9 mo ago.

Also one time we brought betta from the store and he didn't eat any of the food,he lay on the bottom of tank or just hid under his plant.it lasted about 7 days then we decided to try those mix and fish recovered. It was about 4-5 months.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #133 
luv2run21

im so excited to get my first betta i cant wait
Old 08-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #134 
UrsMyrick

Question

I have a question for you regarding using RODI water. I have started a new 3 gal planted freshwater tank using RODI water and was wondering what I would need to re-add as far as minerals were concerned. Should I just start over using tap water with conditioner in it? I am leaning towards a Betta and want it to be as healthy and happy as possible.

Also I've read that with a planted tank you can just go ahead and add fish without waiting for your tank to cycle. My PH is 6.4, Ammonia is still at a 4.0 (down from an 8.0), nitrates and nitrites are at zero. I've been cycling for 7 days using food only for the fishless cycling. So far I have not noticed a jump in Nitrates or Nitrites My tank temp varies from 77 to 82 degrees F. I have a corner power jet which has adjustable output, a bubble wand in the back, and a DIY C02 fermenter.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #135 
Stud Stallion

You spoke about different types of food. are the foods mentioned Live or Dried?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #136 
vanish3d

Hi guys! i just signed up, abit about my tank.

25litres, 25watt heater, filter, light, one male betta. Plants & 1 ornament,
im just wondering, sorry for the quesitons but im just a beginner.
currently my tank temp is at 24degrees with my heater set at 26degrees., im worried this may be abit to low for my fish but my heater only goes up by twos and the next set temp is 28degrees, would you recomend the higher temp or should i just leave my heater at 26degrees. the tank is in my bedroom and my room is cold in winter. should i compensate heat

Last edited by vanish3d; 08-25-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:46 AM   #137 
vanish3d

also the fish seems very active stays on top of tank n goes down bottom sometimes haha any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by vanish3d; 08-25-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #138 
StacyK

I've just set up my 3g Betta tank at work! Going to let it cycle for a couple of weeks then I'll be going to the store to pick out my little fishy. Here are my tank specifics, its a 9.5 x 11.5 cylindrical tank with and undergravel air filtration system (perfect for the slow water movements the fish like). I used decorative stone as the gravel base, have 2 silk plants and 2 round leafed plastic plants, a 7.5W heater under the gravel. I had a betta years ago who lived for about 3 years. He was a fun little fish. :O) I'm very excited to have one at work to watch when I need eye breaks from the computer monitor. :O)
Old 08-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #139 
BettaBoy84

Talking

I have an UGF too stacyK, there great, quiet and simple...

Good luck on the new tank, you should post a pic of ur new betta when you get it all set up!

BETTA BOY
Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #140 
beta beta

Im getting my FIRST beta Im freking out PLEASE help me im desperet this is in 1 week

from betta betta
Closed Thread