Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #171 
Nova

i think its 2 hide the waste and make it less noticable (bcuz i didnt notice till i was pouring the water out) maybe it has chemicals in it 2 keep the bettas happy. or just 4 looks
Old 03-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #172 
catappa leaves

Hi Members,

Just want to let you people know that I have put-up some very useful information about Betta Fish keeping and caring in my site for everyone to access.

It is titled Aquarium Resources under Category. I have two topic there currently, that is Betta Fish Care and The Aquarium Secret.

Hope it will be useful and helpful to your hobby

Sign !
Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #173 
billwneill

blue water

i was told from petsmart, when i got my beta, that the blue water is to keep the fish from seeing each other and trying to fight. don't know if it is true or not, but it is what i was told when i asked. i don't like how they are kept in cups though. my beta is happy, even though it is only a 1 gallon tank, he is not complaining much
Old 04-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #174 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwneill View Post
i was told from petsmart, when i got my beta, that the blue water is to keep the fish from seeing each other and trying to fight. don't know if it is true or not, but it is what i was told when i asked. i don't like how they are kept in cups though. my beta is happy, even though it is only a 1 gallon tank, he is not complaining much
That doesn't make any sense, why would they say that? The bettas can completely see through the blue, and the blue is medicine.

Petsmart does it again
Old 04-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #175 
jesstanner

What (if any) different needs do Giant bettas need? I understand that they probably need more room, and more food but what is your recommendation?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #176 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesstanner View Post
What (if any) different needs do Giant bettas need? I understand that they probably need more room, and more food but what is your recommendation?
They do* need more space, yeah..We usually recommend 2.5 gal minimum for normal size, so that'd be about 4-5 gallons for him. Very very minimum for a normal size is 1 gallon, so again, around 2.5-3.

Id give him at least an extra pellet than a usual fish a day.

Other than that, that's it!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #177 
Arashi Takamine

With New Life Spectrum small fish formula how much to give? Instead of the usual six I wind up giving them more then that because they're so tiny...
Old 04-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #178 
jesstanner

pewpewpew, thanks! my lfs has a really cool giant for 10.00$ that I think I might try and get! I just found this store yesterday and it's awesome! the bettas are in big(gish) cups of clear water, and the giant they at least recognized as a giant and put him in a larger cup...
Old 04-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #179 
PewPewPew

Thats great!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #180 
Jacqueto

Anyone have any suggestions for "hard water"?
Closed Thread