Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #241 
Neil D

@Craiger75: Bettas are carnivores, so peas are really bad for their digestive tract.

@AquaRaptor: The Tetra Whisper filter line isn't bad. It really depends on the size of the tank. If your tank is larger than 10g, the Marineland Penguin filters are good too.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #242 
enchanted01

I really want to thank everyone on this site for all the great information. Gypsy thanks you too. I had a betta (Rocky) for 2 years before he died. I kept him in a 1 gallon unfiltered and unheated tank. I thought I had done really well considering the track record of some of my friends and their bettas. I feel really bad now that I know he could have lived longer and been more vibrant and active. I got Gypsy a few weeks ago and found this site. After days and hours of reading through posts here, I am now cycling a 5 gallon tank for him and checking my local pet store for a heater tomorrow. It will be a few weeks before it is ready and I can't wait. I went to walmart this evening and saw how horrible the bettas there looked and wanted to take them all home with me. Who knows, this could be the beginning of something really crazy. I know a bowl isn't ideal, but I think I'll keep it once I move him just in case I need to rescue a little fella or gal in a hurry. Again, I really can't thank everyone enough.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #243 
Neil D

Yeah, there are heaters for 1 gal. bowls, it's just that they're not adjustable, so your house would have to be a stable temp, lol.

And this forum is a great place. Use it well.^_^
Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #244 
fluffnstuff

I'm going to get some ghost shrimp and in prepaation i bought fluval shrimp mineral supplement. Is it okay to use in my betta's tank?
Old 06-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #245 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
@Craiger75: Bettas are carnivores, so peas are really bad for their digestive tract.

@AquaRaptor: The Tetra Whisper filter line isn't bad. It really depends on the size of the tank. If your tank is larger than 10g, the Marineland Penguin filters are good too.
Betta Fish are Insectivores. But, it's almost the same thing.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #246 
BETTACHKALOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchanted01 View Post
I really want to thank everyone on this site for all the great information. Gypsy thanks you too. I had a betta (Rocky) for 2 years before he died. I kept him in a 1 gallon unfiltered and unheated tank. I thought I had done really well considering the track record of some of my friends and their bettas. I feel really bad now that I know he could have lived longer and been more vibrant and active. I got Gypsy a few weeks ago and found this site. After days and hours of reading through posts here, I am now cycling a 5 gallon tank for him and checking my local pet store for a heater tomorrow. It will be a few weeks before it is ready and I can't wait. I went to walmart this evening and saw how horrible the bettas there looked and wanted to take them all home with me. Who knows, this could be the beginning of something really crazy. I know a bowl isn't ideal, but I think I'll keep it once I move him just in case I need to rescue a little fella or gal in a hurry. Again, I really can't thank everyone enough.
Tell you the truth i don't cycle the tanks. But i do a lot of water changes. I do 50% weekly and 100% every 2 weeks for 5 gall. I do 1-50% and 1-100% for 2.5 gall. But i don't have filters though.

The water changes can be different depend if you have filter:)

I have 8 bettas and the older is about to be 5 years old.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #247 
Neil D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Betta Fish are Insectivores. But, it's almost the same thing.
True, but insects are animals, and things that eat animals are carnivores...insects are considered animals right? XD
Old 07-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #248 
jewlster1259

How should the lighting be? Where in the house should I put his tank? Thanks :)
Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #249 
BubbiBubba

Can someone please visit my thread & help me? I've had some awesome comments, but I feel that more opinions the better! I'm obviously new here... & btw, can someone tell me how I could directly reply to a commenter? Unless you quote them, how can they know that you have responded unless they keep checking back on this website??? All help appreciated, thank you!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #250 
Innovation

I have fed betta more than 4 years...Then I would like to share my experience.

1. I think betta like to live at temperature 25-30 celcius.
2. If you give it fresh food (both frozen or alive are great) , your betta will be more healthy than pellet food.
3. Try to change the water at least 1 time/week but don't change water too frequently.
Closed Thread