Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #291 
BETTACHKALOVE

I also love to feed them with hikary freeze dried blood worms . The kind i feed them enriched with multi-Vitamins. Well at least that what they wrote. But you have to be careful with blood worms don't overfeed since they can be the cause of betta bloating. I usually give it about 2 times a week in the morning or evening to substitute the pellets. Or you can give a few in between the pellets. If i give them instead of the pellet i give them about 5 worms if between pellet i give a few.
That link is what kind i am feeding them:
http://www.google.com/search?q=hikar...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #292 
BlueberryFishy

Okay... So i have only had my betta for a few days and his bowl seams to have small bubbles around the rim and a small cluster of them, my parents say that its just air bubbled from him breathing but it makes me nervous and he has also seams to be hanging out at the very top of his bowl. He is still eating.. But he is just making me nervous? He has only been here for 2 days and i am going to change the soon
Anybody have any help?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #293 
LebronTheBetta

Your parents are right, those bubbles are from him breathing from the surface. Bettas usually dwell at the top but stay there more often if they're sick. Is he lethargic? Change the water when you can, clean water is the best for their health.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #294 
BlueberryFishy

He was but we moved him to the lving room for now to keep and eye on him and he seams much better, I think it might have been because i fogot to turn the light on in my room this morning i read that they need dark at night and light durring the day :/ so i think that might be why
Old 08-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #295 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, OK. They do love the dark.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #296 
BETTACHKALOVE

Is he hanging out at the very top of his bowl all day? Is he swimming at all?
Look at his stomach is he bloated? I don't think the light will make him stay at one spot all day long. Unless it really dark in your room and he is sleeping. If your room haS natural light from outside it enough, again unless it really dark. I don't have light for my tanks.

Make sure you acclimate him when you change the water.

Is it look like he is gasping for air?

Last edited by BETTACHKALOVE; 08-05-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #297 
BETTACHKALOVE

I would think if there a lot of bubbles and he is breathing from surface a lot then it looks like he is gasping for air. I am wondering if you putting enough of the water conditioner. Or something in the water that you need more of the water conditioner. I don't know the brand that you are using. Is it remove Chlorine,chloramine,nitrite,nitrate? Can you buy stress coat API in addition to it. It always better to put more of the water conditioner then not enough.

Because i would think if there is no physical symptoms and if he is all the time at the top and a lot of bubbles then something wrong with water....
Old 08-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #298 
MadameDesu

Don't forget that bettas also blow bubbles when they're happy (bubble nests). But hanging out at the top is still a concern.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #299 
LebronTheBetta

^ That's a myth. It's not true. Some random person on the internet made that up. It doesn't mean they're "happy" or the tank has perfect conditions. It's an instinct for them to make it. It technically means that they're ready to breed and marking their territory and stuff. Sorry if I sound like a buzzkill but I don't want people to know fake facts and spread them around. :/
Old 08-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #300 
MadameDesu

:O
I never knew that!
No problem, thanks for correcting me!!
Closed Thread