Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #71 
LisaC144

What type of filter does everyone use? I have a sponge filter right now but also looking into internal filters....
Old 01-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #72 
Jammers

When you say that the water change should never excede 100%, is it ok then to remove rocks and plants to clean them? I am just wondering because when I don't do full water changes there are still little floaties on the bottom or on the plants. I don't have a filter for my tank.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #73 
Enlistee

Has anyone had any experience with an Aqua One hang on filter i am getting it as a part of this deal http://www.southwestpets.com.au/Fish...lashAqKit.html (of course i wont be using the flake food for my betta , any thoughts on the filter or tank?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #74 
kswak

Thanks to ALL that have posted here. I have learned FAR MORE than I learned asking the local pet store, and trying to research online.. This site is a blessing! I'm just in shock that I had to lose my beautiful betta and marble angel fish because these places don't have the proper knowledge of what they sell! *grumbles*
Old 03-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #75 
airen

I work in a pet store, and am one of the ones responsible for our bettas. The blue water has multiple purposes. It is our conditioner, and has extra stress coat-type in it to compensate for customers constantly handling the fish and the stress this causes them. Which is also we there is a low level of meds in it. Stress lowers there immune system. We change our bettas' water a minumum of two times a week, more if we notice the fish isn't looking well.
Your right... the blue isn't strictly neccesary. But you know at a glance if we're using the proper proportions to keep our fish as comfortable as we can while they wait on a permanent home.
I know there are bad stores out there, and it angers me as much as you. Maybe more so, since I take pride in keeping our fish. But the blue has a reason-- please don't assume all stores are evil and don't care.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #76 
dramaqueen
Banned

You're right. We shouldn't assume that all pet stores are the same. Some take very good care of the animals they sell. Pet stores need more people like you who take good care of the animals they are in charge of.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #77 
sdiamonds

This was fablous information for a new Betta owner, which I am. Many thanks.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #78 
Adelheidi

How much do I feed him and how often do I feed him? Currently, I just have Top Fin Colour Enhancing Beta Bits for him to eat. At least, until next week when I get paid again and I can get him other items.

Also, how do I get him to reveal his personality to me? And how do I get him acclimated to me? How do I know how much 25% of the bowl is, for when I go to change the water out?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #79 
kelly528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelheidi View Post
How much do I feed him and how often do I feed him? Currently, I just have Top Fin Colour Enhancing Beta Bits for him to eat. At least, until next week when I get paid again and I can get him other items.

Also, how do I get him to reveal his personality to me? And how do I get him acclimated to me? How do I know how much 25% of the bowl is, for when I go to change the water out?

Make a new thread so more people can see your questions and reply without making this thread 10000832 posts long
Old 03-21-2010, 10:24 AM   #80 
CataclysmKitten

My Whisper filter doesn't do anything. Just bubbles at the bottom where the air is coming in, doesn't stir the water up. I don't know why. What's wrong with it?
Closed Thread