Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #1 
CarmanDirda

Talking Buy all sorts of art here!

EVERYTHING I MAKE IS 100% HANDCRAFTED BY ME! Plushies included! I don't even own a sewing machine, it's all hand-stitched.

To support me and my fish crazy habits while in college I need to make some extra money through my greatest talent, artwork.

I can draw your Betta, paint your Betta, make a stuffed animal of your Betta, or any other pets, people, creatures or characters you have in mind (just provide reference photos).

For examples of my work check me out on deviantArt as BLoodLust-Carman (not 100% updated because I don't have a computer, I am limited to my phone).

You can also find my art on Instagram as CarmanDirda, Facebook and Twitter as Corynne Cady, or Tumblr as CarmanMustang AKA Carman's Artist Corner. These are more up to date because I can post pictures from my phone.

For things that can fit in a vanilla envelope I'm asking $3 to ship within the US and $5 international.

Sketches $5

Detailed sketches (fine detail and shading with ink) $10

Colored with prisma markers and pencils (with or without ink, your choice) $30

Paintings $35

Shipping in boxes will vary for canvases, larger artwork and stuffed animals. We can discuss prices.

Large paint and multimedia pieces on special paper or canvas larger than 9x12in is $50-100 depending on size. This can be discussed.

$20 for small plushies - keychain to 6ish inch tall/long. Keychain can have keychain attached if you ask. :)

$50 for medium plushies, about a foot tall/long.

$100 for large, pillow sized plushies.

If you want them even bigger I can do that, too!

For HUMAN SIZED PLUSHIES (approx. 5ft long or tall) it'll be about $200 or more if they're fairly complicated.

Bigger than that, you're crazy. XD

Because I make this all on my own an have to buy all the supplies, super complicated designs might convince me to ask for extra money, especially if I can't cover the supplies with what you give me. I'll be spending most the money on supplies to make them and need some for my hard work as well, you know?

As for as higher level artists go I'm pretty cheap, but outside of companies, it's unfair to charge 100s of dollars for sketches and whatnot.

I take payments via Paypal, western union, and I will accept checks by mail if you have no other way to pay. Please never send cash through the mail!

I also won't start a project until I get at least half of the payment for anything more than sketches because of the supplies that I need to buy and the fact some people will try to rip you off, sadly. I also won't ship it out or share the finished product until I've been paid. I will give you in progress updates, but nothing complete if you haven't sent all the money yet to protect my end of the deal from losing out. Sorry guys! Some people are shady so you can't be too careful.

Your best bets at contacting me are through here, Facebook, deviantArt notes, or by e-mail (shontovia@hotmail.com).

I look forward to working on anything you throw at me!
CarmanDirda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #2 
CarmanDirda

Smaller things like game card sized projects to collect (ACEOs) are available for $5 as well.

If everything you buy can fit in one envelope or box, shipping won't cost you anything extra for multiples!

When I get my new laptop in the next couple months I'll start selling digital art again as well.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #3 
CarmanDirda

I'm currently on break from college so everything come with an extra free sketch. Don't forget to check my devianart, twitter, tumblr and Facebook for art!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #4 
Laki

I stalked your facebook, you have a VERY cool style! Some haunting, but I think my favorite was the pig looking back on. He was neat. And all your fantasy monsters. It might help to fill this thread with a link/some samples.

I might be able to afford something near the end of this month or July, as long as Canada mailing s cool.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #5 
CarmanDirda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I stalked your facebook, you have a VERY cool style! Some haunting, but I think my favorite was the pig looking back on. He was neat. And all your fantasy monsters. It might help to fill this thread with a link/some samples.

I might be able to afford something near the end of this month or July, as long as Canada mailing s cool.

Thank you! Creatures are my specialty, and that was actually a class project that is already sold to a friend of my family. A lot of people had eyes for it. :)

I plan to. I posted this off of my mobile, and my new laptop is currently void of images. I'll be uploading some as soon as I get everything transferred.

I'm thankful a few people have shown some interest, even if I haven't gotten any sold offers yet. Knowing I'm good enough to be considered is splendid! Thank you!

Mailing to Canada, or anywhere really, is fine. It just costs a little more. I'll have to look into exact pricing, but it's doable. Just send me a PM if / when you decide.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #6 
Skyewillow

mailing internat'l is based on weight, First class is the cheaper than anything else (a 10 oz shipment from here to Syriiven's recently would've cost $27 priority)

I love your art style! ^_^
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #7 
CarmanDirda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
mailing internat'l is based on weight, First class is the cheaper than anything else (a 10 oz shipment from here to Syriiven's recently would've cost $27 priority)

I love your art style! ^_^
Thanks for the info and the compliment! :D
Old 08-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #8 
CarmanDirda

I'm now offering sculptures! I'll have examples up soon for everything posted here so you can see without leaving the site.

Sculptures will run pretty expensive because the clay is $15 a box, the paint is expensive, I also need wire and gloss, and the time is extensive. Expect approx. $100 for a standard sculpture, about 4-6in long or tall. It'll all depend on what it is.

I will, however, have some examples up. I'm going to be making a betta sculpture of one of my boys soon (probably Ba'al because I'm itching to do a crowntail).

I will also offer small charm-size sculptures, or 1-2in figures for much, much cheaper. I'll have some examples of them, too.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #9 
CarmanDirda

Examples
Attached Images