Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #21 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Plastic ware containers are great too for temporary homes! I use them all the time and a pack at walmart is like a dollar something, nice and cheap! I keep mine in cups as well when introducing to the sorority so they spend about two weeks in the cups but I change the water every other day, sometimes every day and they do just fine ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #22 
Tamsin

And here he is!
His fins haven't changed at all. In fact, he looks no better or worse than last week. His colour seems slightly duller.

The room I have his tank in has terrible photo lighting so here's a picture of him looking very grumpy about his plastic bag. He's a super feisty fish.

Little guy needs a name.. any ideas? :)
Attached Images

Tamsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #23 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Rodney came to mind and I've got no idea why lol

Perhaps Sunny, Sanders (sand colored lol idk), Sienna, Cadmium, Aureolin, Lion, Saffron, and that's all I can think of
Old 06-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #24 
Tamsin

Oooooo I like Lion.. or maybe Leon? :P
Old 06-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #25 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh Leon sounds great! I approve ^_^ haha
Old 06-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #26 
Kiara1125

Leon sounds great! Hopefully he'll do well for you. :)
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #27 
Tamsin

He's pretty inactive... He's been just sitting under a leaf yesterday and today he's in the corner near the filter. He swam around a little bit when he first went into the tank but not much.
His dorsal is quite clamped but his other fins aren't.
Is this something I should worry about or could it just be the big move has rattled him?
Old 06-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #28 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Most likely the big move and then of course spending who knows how much time in that cup. It will take in a while to adjust and start to enjoy his new home.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #29 
Tamsin

Great :)
I saw the start of a bubble nest this morning which was pretty cute
Old 07-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #30 
Tamsin

He isn't doing too well yet. He spends most of his time leaning against the heater, I've only seen him swimming around once and he darted away as soon as I came in the room. I'm going to put him into a 3 gal KK when I get home from work, because I think the amount of space in the 5gal makes him uncomfortable.
His fins haven't been clamped, and the red tips on his fins are gone from what I can see. The water in his tank is all normal (ammonia/nitrate/etc), but the guy at the store tested his cup water when we first got him and he said the pH was weirdly high, although ammonia was fine. So we're not sure why his fins had those red tips.
Yesterday my bf unplugged his heater to charge his laptop without realising so he was in cold water all day. I'm really hoping he's OK when I get home today.

*Edit* I should add that he the room he's been in doesn't get a lot of light. It seemed the best way to minimise stress when we brought him home. Could this be a reason he's unhappy? I'm moving him into my room this avo, where there is more light.

Last edited by Tamsin; 07-07-2013 at 09:56 PM.