Could you fill out the form below for Genghis and Cho? I know you provided some information, but this will give us more info and could be helpful for determining what to try to help them. (Answer what you can. Leave anything else blank.)
Also, can you post pictures of them?
What medications do you have on hand? (I'm hoping you say Kanaplex, one of the furan or sulfa antibiotics, and an antiparasitical!)
As Matt suggested, I'd start by adding Epsom salt. It should help Genghis' SBD, and may possibly help with Cho's fins.
Epsom salt treatment: There are several ways to add this. Here's one:
- Put some of their tank water in a cup. Dissolve Epsom salt at a dosage of 1 teaspoon per gallon. (For example: 4 gal tank: use 4 teaspoons Epsom salt.) Make sure the Epsom salt is completely dissolved.
- Over the course of an hour, slowly add the dissolved Epsom salt to the tank.
- Wait at least 12 hours. Repeat the above process. This will take you to a total dosage of 2 teaspoons Epsom salt per gallon.
- Wait one day (24 hrs). Repeat the above process. This will take you to a total dosage of 3 teaspoons Epsom salt per gallon.
- After this: when doing water changes, predissolve 3 teaspoons Epsom salt per gallon into the new conditioned water. Do water changes as usual. This will allow you to maintain a dosage of 3 teaspoons Epsom salt per gallon, for the duration of the treatment.
- You can treat with Epsom salt for 10-14 days. (If the SBD is chronic, you can use a lower dosage for a longer period of time.)
Do you share equipment between tanks? If so, this could be cross-contaminating the tanks. I recommend that each tank have its own set of equipment, so that bacteria/parasites aren't spread to other tanks.
If the Epsom salt doesn't help, you may need to use an antibiotic and/or an antiparasitical.
Here's the form to fill out:
What size is your tank?
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have a filter?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Is your tank heated?
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?
How often do you feed your betta fish?
How often do you perform a water change?
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?
Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?
When did you start noticing the symptoms?
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?
Does your fish have any history of being ill?
How old is your fish (approximately)?