Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #1 
InsaneoMan

Talking New beta fish

bought this guy the day before yesterday from an LFS. idk what kind of betta he is though, i havent seem him flare yet

anyone got name suggestions?
Attached Images

InsaneoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

He looks like a veiltail to me. He's a pretty, bright red. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #3 
fishman09
Banned

very pretty red, mine is purple and white
fishman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #4 
Kim

Looks like a combtail (crowntail veiltail cross) to me. He's very cute! I love how his pectoral fins are half red and half clear :)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #5 
lexicoffey

I also must say that I LOVE his tank decorations! Cool fish, what's his name?!
lexicoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #6 
InsaneoMan

thanks for all the comments guys, i really appreciate it! there will also be some anachris going in there as well as soon as the bunches in my 20 gallon get a bit bigger.

and he doesnt have a name yet lexicoffey :( i cant think of anything good
Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #7 
xst3ph90x

I ALWAYS have the same problem, I can NEVER think of a name for my bettas! My first one wasn't a problem because I KNEW when I got a fish that I was going to name it Sushi, but then I got a red fish, and I was like braindead, I couldn't think of a name! Eventually I just named him Sashimi for lack of a better idea. Well, eventually I switched my red fish for my friend's purple one, who we named Bitchfish. Its a long story as to that name, but it took us like a month to figure out a name for him! Finally, I couldn't figure out the name for my most recent fish, so I sent a picture of him to my friend and she was like "THATS THE GAYEST FISH EVER!" (because he's pink). Soooo.... he's not supposed to be pink, he's supposed to be all white, but the lighting makes him look pink, so he's 'putting on the red light', so we named him Roxanne. (REALLY corny joke, but still).

So anyway, your fish is beautiful, I'm just warning you to keep an eye on his tail because of the black ends. I got a betta with black on the end of his tail and it looked like his coloring, but it turned out to be fin rot. So just watch him and keep the water clean etc. just because I wouldn't want your poor fishie to develop fin rot...

ALSO, for a name what about Calcifer (the fire demon) because it matches his colors, OR Stigma which is a Greek letter, but it just sounds cool. There's some ideas. (Why can I name everyone else's fish except my own).
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #8 
InsaneoMan

ha i think Roxanne fits him well from what you said. i probably would have went with something like Floyd for Pink Floyd or something equally dumb. and ive watched the black since i got him as i originally thought it might have been fin rot or something, but so far it hasnt moved and the fins are all intact so im starting to think that it is jut his coloration :)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

InsaneoMan, its funny that you said Pink Floyd because I've always thought that if I got a pink fish, that's what I would name him. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #10 
xst3ph90x

Yeah everyone is saying that I should have named him Pink Floyd lol, but I like Roxanne better. I love my bettas so much, but Bitchfish needs a new tank which I sadly don't have the money for and I feel so bad for him in the little tank that he's in.
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote