Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #1 
DWPollard

Smile Water Sprite

I have a 10 Gal tank and would like to know if Water sprite would take over the tank and would it grow in salt water?
DWPollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Salt water? like Marine salt or AQ salt? either way all salts except Epsom will kill plants, that's why you don't see plants in Saltwater tanks, just rocks, coral, fish and anemone's

However Water sprite won't grow that crazy. It is a fast grower but for the first month it doesn't really put off babies until it's fully acclimated to the water chemistry. The only water sprite I have that is blooming like crazy is a 3 foot long Mother plant. Most of my little plantlet's don't grow nearly as fast though. It also depends on your water chemistry and pH levels. The mother plant is in a tank that has a 7.4-7.6 pH level and all plants love it. However the more acidic you go the less the plants like it. In my 6.5 pH tank, the water sprite doesn't do nearly half as well but still survives as long as you give it some liquid fert, it will be okay
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote