Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #1 
alwaysaBettaLover

Can sparkey get a transparent tail???

Lately poor sparkey has ripped his tail, torn it, bitten off half it, and dragged it through just about everything, ripping it. I have noticed that the tail regrowth is white, or see-through. So the first question is, why can't his tail regrow in normal color? And my second question is, is possible that if he was to tear it enough, that the whole tail would become white, or clear?? Poor sparkey is just so a reckless, he even rips off so many of his scales...

Silly little fish...
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #2 
txbettaowner

pictures would helpful
txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #3 
DoctorWhoLuver

When tails grow back, the growth is clear. Later on, the pigments develop and the tail should become colored again :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #4 
alwaysaBettaLover

Sparkey keeps tearing his tail before I can get a good picture. Crazy little fish...
Name:  DSC_0094_2 (6).jpg
Views: 65
Size:  53.1 KB
Name:  DSC_0092 (8).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  62.1 KB

But when he does regrow it (he's like super fish with healing powers, he heals so fast!!!) For the few weeks it's full, it mostly white. Then again, he never has a fill tail long enough for it to regrow...lol
Old 06-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #5 
alwaysaBettaLover

Also, about how long does it take for the tail to recolor?
And, I have noticed that sparkey has a white ring around his eyes. I have had him for almost two years, and have never had this before. Is there a disease he may have caught, or are my eyes just playing tricks on me??
Old 06-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #6 
sainthogan

It doesn't take very long to regain the color in the regrowth. When my female jumped out of her tank and lost most of her fins and tail, the growth was see-through and it took about a week or two for the see-through parts to begin to regain color. Since most of her tail and fins were gone, it took several months for everything to regrow and completely regain color.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #7 
Laki

I second the maybe-it-won't-recolor. Ludendorff bit his tail almost 6 months ago (I think, or more) and it never fully grew back and it never colored back in. I was told it could be genetics or age. Your fish is probably more older than young, Lude is almost 2 years old.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote