Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #31 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Haha that's okay ^_^ I was just think "wow! i really am lilninja! I don't even remember half of my posts apparently!" lmao
xD yeah, I'm sorry. But, lilninja, I like that.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #32 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
xD yeah, I'm sorry. But, lilninja, I like that.
Yup, can thank Skye for that when I posted too quickly and snuck in a comment XD
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #33 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Yup, can thank Skye for that when I posted too quickly and snuck in a comment XD
xD nice! You two are so crazy (in a good way!) xD
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #34 
Skyewillow

well :-p to you two! I like big cories! lol

My fiance loves all things tiny and cute, and those pygmies and dainties sure fit the bill.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #35 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
well :-p to you two! I like big cories! lol

My fiance loves all things tiny and cute, and those pygmies and dainties sure fit the bill.
Yep! The cories in the 40gB are HUGE. I like my dainties. I think I might go back and get a panda though. My boyfriend's had different types of cories shoal together.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #36 
Skyewillow

we used to have albinos, bronze/green, and peppered. I miss my peppers, but want skunks and pandas someday!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #37 
jennesque

Referencing scientific research by actual, professional scientists apparently isn't enough to convince her. I have made plenty of stupid mistakes in the past which is why I meticulously plan my stocking to make sure every fish can THRIVE in my tank.

You can raise a human being in a closet but that doesn't mean it's going to live a full and happy life.

It's sad, really. When you take a fish home it's entire world is now in your hands. I know people make mistakes, but to ignore the issues when so many people blatantly point it out is just sad. Sure, you aren't keeping a goldfish in a bowl. That is truly wonderful, but if you truly care about the welfare of your fish I would hope you would read through the scientific research others have compiled for us fish keepers to provide for our fish the best we truly can. Instead of solely appealing to our desires, it is our responsibility to understand the biological needs of the fish we bring in to our care.

These fish cannot self regulate their temperature. They cannot filter out excess minerals in the water for their particular genetic make up - nor can they add more minerals if harder water is needed. They also can't control the pH they're dropped in to. They have specific needs, it's up to the fish keeper to decide if these requirements are something they can actually provide. If not, it's best to leave the fish to someone who can better care for it.
jennesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #38 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Well put, jennesque.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #39 
Kiara1125

So, you're saying to leave a fish at the store to die or get picked by someone else in the area who might end up killing it in general? At least I know that I'm providing a good life for my fish. Call it inhumane or whatever you want, but I can't change my water to suite every fishes needs. I'm not going to use pH buffers or any of that crap and which someone else who could provide worse conditions for the fish most certainly wouldn't provide. I'm not going to be a god to my fish, so congrats on apparently seeing yourself as one with yours. I'll stick with what I know about fish and provide the best care that I possibly can while still keeping my tank MY tank and keeping it enjoyable.

Technically, I don't have to explain anything to forum people, but I do because I'm interested on peoples' thoughts on my tanks. I don't need people jumping on me and pulling my ears to tell me what to do and how. I'll do what I please and I don't have to listen to anybody. Sorry for being stubborn, but, like I stated, I'm not going to bend over backwards just to please people I don't even know.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #40 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay so I get both sides here.

But the area she's in is hot, that's uncontrollable. What would you suggest jennesque that she could do to make that situation better? Any water cooler's perhaps or DIY projects?

Instead of pounding with information, which yes it is good information and facts, try to help out a situation and offer ideas. That is, after all, what a forum is for.

You obviously have the experience here so anything else she could do besides putting the fish back to the store where they would no doubt have a more miserable life? I get that they could go into a pond, but what about the temps there? They'd still be pretty darn high and temp flucts are worse than a higher steady temp.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote