Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #1 
xStatic

Introducing Pepper! (Pic Heavy)

I got my new betta Pepper from Walmart about 3 days ago. He is my second betta, but I had my first betta when I was about 10 and he lived his whole life in a 1 or 1.5 gallon bowl. My old betta was named Speckles and was a yellow fish with black and blue speckles all over. He was one of my favorite fish I have ever owned so I was excited to finally get a second betta over 8 years later!

Pepper is still pretty small and he is a pretty red with some blue iridescence along his sides and fins. I know he's just a veil tail betta, but he also has a nice "spade" shape ??? when he flares up!

I had some issues when I first set up his tank... he's living in a heated and filtered 2.5 gallon tank but the petsmart employee who helped me out advised me to also get an algae eater so up until this morning he was being housed along with a small albino bristlenose pleco and two ghost shrimps. After learning that plecos have large bioloads and grow to be much too large for a 2.5 gallon I decided to return the pleco to petsmart. I held onto the two ghost shrimp mostly because I felt silly returning $0.60 worth of shrimp... but I'm hoping they don't cause any problems in the tank.

After a 100% water change and the addition of a fluffy marimo algae ball, Pepper is now happily swimming about :) Take a look at some of my photos and let me know what you think! I still have a lot to learn but I'm trying to take much better care of my new betta than I did with little Speckles when I was 10.

xStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #2 
Viva

What a pretty tail, I love him! He definitely has a spade shaped tail
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #3 
Alphonse

Love his tail
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #4 
Catw0man

He's beautiful!!! Nothing wrong with a VT betta! Enjoy him and congrats!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #5 
Sylerwin

he's pretty :) and very colorful tank :)
Sylerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #6 
JellOh

He's stunning! And I really like your tank! What kind is it? I've been looking into getting some another tank and that one looks really nice.
JellOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #7 
WRbetta

Very pretty tail!
WRbetta is offline   Reply With Quote