Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #1 
Silverbeam

Cool Another Betta Roleplay!

So I saw that Saphira101 had started a role play, and I thought that this was a fantastic idea so I decided to do one too! And instead of doing a simple conflict I want to do a fantasy role play *U* If you've seen my post on Saphira101's role play you'll see that I already have interpreted fantasy into her role play but I want to make a separate one on just fantasy and Silverbeam and his Kingdom. Ok, so first of all, you all should know basic information on Silverbeam if you don't already.
Name: SilverBeam
Age (human years): 2
Breed: Splenden
Tail type: Half moon
Color: Silver, diamond blue tips
Personality: A protective princely character, kind, warm-heated, trusting.
Noteworthy: Wild betta from river in Thailand.

Deep under the sparkling water of the Mekong River Basin in Thailand, there was a palace, a beautiful palace made of river plants, pebbles that littered the riverbed, and stray tree branches. In that palace and surrounding that palace lived a kingdom. The betta kingdom, called the Waterflash Kingdom. King Starswirl and the lovely Queen Moonray ruled over the kingdom. The king was a mighty and majestic ruler, he was very strong. The queen was beautiful, kind, and very intelligent, thought this didn't mean that she was weak, in fact the Queen was the strongest female in the entire kingdom. The powerful bettas ruled over their kingdom with grace and obedience. This was called the golden era. During this time the king and queen had two children. The firstborn, Princess Stardust, she was very graceful yet strong-willed and patient. The princess was the most beautiful betta in the whole kingdom, even more than the king or queen. In the next three years, Queen Moonray would teach her daughter how to be a queen, how to act, talk, discipline, etc. Those three years ended and the prince was born. Prince Silverbeam. He was very clever, determined, and strong, very strong, the strongest in the kingdom, and he was almost as beautiful as his sister. Prince Silverbeam was a strong-willed betta, like his sister. Silverbeam, sworn to protect the kingdom, the protector of the Waterflash Legacy, this is his story.

~~Silverbeam~~
I look up into my sister's eyes, we're in the courtyard and she's talking to me about her teachings and our mother and father. She's telling me about how our mother, the queen, has a lot of responsibilities as queen and how she'll take over when she's queen. I don't pay a lot attention to what she's saying but I do listen to the passion in her voice. My sister is so passionate about whatever she talks about. My eyes wander around the yard at the different river plants. A messenger swims toward us, "Prince Silverbeam, Princess Stardust, King Starswirl and Queen Moonray would to speak to you inside the palace. My sister stops talking and addresses him, "Yes, of course." I nod and follow her and the messenger back toward the palace. Two guards open the backdoors to the palace. My mother and father are waiting for us in the royal hall. "Stardust! Come, my daughter," my mother perks up. The two of them head off to the study. My father nods to me, "Come, son." I follow my father to the dining room. "As you know, you're are now 7 months old and tomorrow you will start your training to become head of the guard. I will assist the current Head of the Royal Guard, Lord Sunburst. I expect you to listen and work diligently. Understand?" I nod, "Of course, father." My father smiles warmly at me, "I have in you, son. I know you'll make me proud. But I do expect much of you."

~~ 9 months Later ~~
I'm making my rounds throughout the kingdom and outer palace when I see a dark school of fish headed toward our kingdom gates. I swim as quick as I can to the front perimeter of our kingdom territory. I was already too late the other dark colored betta had already broken in. The two front gate guards were long gone. How dare they?! "WE ARE THE SHADOW MOON CLAN!" I hear their leader boom. I swim and tell a nearby messenger to warn everyone. I swam back to the palace only to see my mother and have to collect the guards on the outskirts of the kingdom. I darted away as my mother screamed, "Nooo! Silverbeam! It's too dangerous!" But I continued swimming away. Once I finally made it back to the palace the whole place was battle after battle. We had met our enemy. Our golden era has ended. I raced around fighting any betta that challenged me. Suddenly I ended up in the study. There were at least 50 shadow moon betta in there so I hid behind a rock. I hid there and was forced to watch my mother die in front of me without making a sound. They were too powerful, if they heard me I would be a goner. They forced my sister watch and she broke in hysterical sobs and they started dragging her away. They were seizing the princess! My sister! I darted out from behind the rock. "Nooooo!" I screamed. "Someone take care of that pest." Their leader ordered. A bigger betta faced me flaring. And through tears we fought as my sister's sobs got farther and farther away. I eventually won but by then, I was so weak and my sister was long gone, along with the rest of them.

~~6 hours later ~~
The enemy betta clan had finally retreated and the palace was in shambles. All of my fins were damaged and bleeding. The pain was overwhelming and I blacked out.

I woke up to three guards surrounding me. I started crying uncontrollably. My sister was gone. My mother, dead. My father was alive and controlling the aftermath. We lost 200 guards, 2/3 our population, our queen, and the princess that day. As head of the guard I swore that I would bring my sister back home and get revenge on those who did this. I swore to protect my people. My kingdom. My legacy.

~~ 3 months later ~~
I was head of the search parties for the enemy clan and the princess. We had no luck. One fateful day there was a giant crash near the kingdom. There was a giant figure outside our gates. Humans. I swam out and told all the guards to get the citizens and bring them into the palace. I should have stayed because suddenly something is closing around me and they water around me starts to crash around. I thrown around, the motion is hard to bear, I suddenly black out. I was captured.

I wake up out of water yet in water...? I seem to be in a tiny container. Oh no! How am I going to protect the princess now? The kingdom? The bettas? I stay like this for many months when finally I'm taken to a river.
I'm thrown in to the water from that tiny plastic prison they once had captured me in and held me there like a hostage. The quick current catches me throws me forward some more. I can't seem to catch my breath. I'm dying. I'm dying. I'm...

Alive. I'm alive I have awoken. It takes more than that to kill the former prince of the Waterflash Kingdom! What am I saying?! Former? I still am the prince of course, just because I'm captured by humans doesn't strip me of my title! I'm a prince. Now and forever.

I explore my surroundings it's quiet here not much to see unlike my glorious home. Small fish wander the river bed. The small and helpless bettas, I do not know them, but I swear to protect them against any evil. I'm a prince. I'm a protector. I will protect them. I'm watching some of the fish talk quietly. I notice one of them is a betta. It's purple with white- tipped fins. He talks quietly with the other fish, he seems quiet, almost shy. He's not a threat to me. I overhear them talking about why we were thrown here. That there's no use for us because we're not money-makers anymore. We're just useless pretty fish.

I have to find my way home! Somehow... I must, I need to find the princess and protect the kingdom! I will get back. No matter how difficult my journey...
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #2 
Lotte

Mind if I join? I just joined the other RP and made my first post hah. I apologize, I may be a slow poster because of a semi busy schedule.
BTW: LOVE the plot (:

Name: Muse
Age (human years): 1 year and 6 months
Breed:Spendens
Tail type:Veiltale
Color: Aquamarine Green
Personality: Layed back, sometimes feisty, wise, compassionate, cooperative, kind
Noteworthy: Was never a flashy breeding worthy betta but was adopted and after 6 months became boring to her owner and was replaced by a flashier male.

PS. Does the minimum of 5 apply here?
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #3 
Silverbeam

Characters!
Name: King Starswirl
Age (human years): 7 years (<-- that's right he's a real oldie ;P )
Color: Silver and Diamond blue with blue and navy tips
Personality: Strong, Mighty, Majestic
Noteworthy: King and current head ruler of the Waterflash kingdom

Name: Queen Moonray
Age (human years) : 6
Color: Light purple and purple specks, white and diamond blue tips
Personality: Kind, intelligent, strong
Noteworthy: Deceased. Ex-queen of the Waterflash Kingdom

Name: Princess Stardust
Age (human years): 4.5
Tail type:Rose tail
Color: Silvery and reflects all light and color, diamond blue tips
Personality: Kind, strong-willed, passionate, smart, graceful, patient
Noteworthy: Most beautiful in the kingdom, Future queen of the Waterflash Kingdom, is being held hostage by the Shadow Moon Clan, first born of the King and Queen

Name: Silverbeam
Tail type: crown tail
Color: Silver, diamond blue tips
Personality: Strong, protective, dutiful, determined, clever, fast-learner
Noteworthy: Defeated over 130 enemy bettas, prince and head of guard of the Waterflash Kingdom, was captured by humans and then released once more.

Name: Darkmist
Age (human years): 4
Breed: Unknown
Tail/fin type: Plakat
Color: Black, with vibrant blue "stripes", golden and grey tips
Personality: evil, strong, controlling, clever
Noteworthy: Head of the Shadow Moon Clan. Is holding the princess of the Waterflash Kingdom hostage.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #4 
Silverbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
Mind if I join? I just joined the other RP and made my first post hah. I apologize, I may be a slow poster because of a semi busy schedule.
BTW: LOVE the plot (:

Name: Muse
Age (human years): 1 year and 6 months
Breed:Spendens
Tail type:Veiltale
Color: Aquamarine Green
Personality: Layed back, sometimes feisty, wise, compassionate, cooperative, kind
Noteworthy: Was never a flashy breeding worthy betta but was adopted and after 6 months became boring to her owner and was replaced by a flashier male.

PS. Does the minimum of 5 apply here?
Hey! Thanks for joining! And thank you! And no minimum!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #5 
Silverbeam

~~ QUICK MESSAGE ~~
Yes, I did change silverbeam's appearance he is now a crown tail!!! If you read his bio in the first message or in saphira101's role play, it states that silverbeam is a half moon tail. Well now he is a crown tail! Ok, that's it! :D
Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #6 
Lotte

Alrighty then (:

Muse:

After being dumped here along with the others I have been trying to make the best of things. I still cannot forget the last thing I saw--my human's beautiful smile, as she dumped me into the river bed trying to hide the guilt and reluctance in her eyes. I guess I just wasn't pretty enough. Pretty enough to be bred. Pretty enough to produce what little our kind is now worth. I gaze out of the leaves which I float in, bored, nostalgic, and with a growing pit of hate towards my owner within myself. I immediately spot a regal looking crowntail, who certainly was the the current center of gossip. He seemed different however, looking upon us with understanding, and a deep motive within, unlike the newcomers who were either scared or ready to maim our pitiful community.
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #7 
Saphira101

Awesome! I am so joining!!

Name: Celeste
Age (human years): 1
Breed: Spendens
Tail type: Plakat
Color: Metallic whitish with a light, very faint blue iridescence.
Personality: Kind, yet somewhat distrustful.
Noteworthy: Sunbeam is her mate.

Name: Sunbeam
Age (human years): 1 1/2
Color: lemon-yellow and irridescent white.
Personality: Rather showy, but devoted to his mate, Celeste.
Noteworthy: None.

Name: Luna
Tail type: Halfsun
Color: Iridescent blue with metallic silver
Personality: Energetic, resourceful, smart.

Name: Draco
Tail type: Spade tail.
Color: Metallic silver and green.
Personality: Acts slightly arrogant, but this is just a cover-up for being deply hurt inside. Secretive, takes much time to gain his trust.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #8 
Silverbeam

I dart through the icy waters for a moment utterly confused, trying to remember the event of the past couple days. Why did this seem so much cooler than home even though it isn't? Where am I? Why am I here? What happened? No! I need to calm down and think. I was at the kingdom. We had just gotten back from an unsuccessful search for her highness, Princess Stardust, my sister. I remember we doing our duties when suddenly my homeland was invaded my humans. I was captured by them while trying to warn the guards that protect the kingdom's perimeter. The humans... Humans...

Suddenly I'm in a little plastic cup again like I was for seven months before I was dumped into the river. The female human was trying to sell me and a couple others that were very flashy. I guess we really weren't worth anything any more because after seven months she took us to a river that a little familiar... It was the one I was taken out of! But I didn't recognize any of the landscape. I watched as she dumped every fish. I was the last one. She cried as if she loved me even though I was never hers to begin with. "He's so beautiful..." "So beautiful." Her male human partner walked up to her, "Come on just let him go, he's nothing to you. Not worth anything." "I know, I know," she sniffed, "But for some reason I'm attached to him, I think I'll miss him." I watched as silent tears flowed down her cheeks and she turned away guiltily as she dumped me from her tiny prison to a much bigger one...

I jolt up. Was I asleep...? That dream... I remember what happened now. I have to go soon... I need to find my way home. I'll get there whether I'm alone or not. I'll get there and I'll never give up.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #9 
Silverbeam

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
Awesome! I am so joining!!

Name: Celeste
Color: Metallic whitish with a light, very faint blue iridescence.
Personality: Kind, yet somewhat distrustful.
Noteworthy: Sunbeam is her mate.

Name: Sunbeam
Age (human years): 1 1/2
Color: lemon-yellow and irridescent white.
Personality: Rather showy, but devoted to his mate, Celeste.

Name: Luna
Tail type: Halfsun
Color: Iridescent blue with metallic silver
Personality: Energetic, resourceful, smart.

Name: Draco
Tail type: Spade tail.
Color: Metallic silver and green.
Personality: Acts slightly arrogant, but this is just a cover-up for being deply hurt inside. Secretive, takes much time to gain his trust.
Yay! I'm glad you like it! Welcome to role play! Awesome, the more the merrier :P btw, I like your characters!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #10 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
I WANNA JOIN!!!!!! This is great!!!
Name: Mika
Breed: Splendens
Tail Type: Spade
Color: Metallic green and blue
Personality: thoughtful, book smart
Noteworthy: Lived in a classroom and learned how to read, do math, ect. ( hey it's a fantasy right? :)) Silverbeam, Don't forget to post on the other RP!!! I have a couple questions but I can ask them later.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote