Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #1 
tngirl92

Cool Show Me Your Themed Tanks!

How many of you betta keepers enjoy building themed tanks? I've had the themed-tank-bug ever since I set up my guy in an Asia landscape. Today I helped the boyfriend's little sister move her first betta to a pink-tropical-paradise. Super cute! How do you decorate your tanks, and what would you call its theme? What is your dream aquarium theme? I found a bunch of Harry Potter aquarium products on Amazon tonight, and that's my goal for my next tank!

Parli is in a 2.5 gallon Asiascape/Thai themed tank. I thought it was a good place to start since his ancestors are from Thailand. He has a Thai watergarden backdrop, a little bridge, and two plants. When we move back to college in August, I am switching him to black gravel and maybe plants that are actually native to Thailand. I bought the aqua gravel originally because I thought it would bring out the teal in his body really nicely. I also think a little Bhudda statue would be precious in there. I really like to keep Bhuddas around the house, and I bet Parli would like one of his own!

Show off your themed tanks!
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #2 
Sylerwin

could you post the harry potter stuff in a link? :D
Sylerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #3 
Sylerwin

Oh yeah, and I have an asian-zen theme in my betta tank, see avatar :P
Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #4 
Seki

My Japanese garden themed tank... yeah, the white "river" didn't last long, but it was a nice thought. LOL

My Roman Ruins themed tank... not too much in the way of ornaments, but Kai loves it all the same.

Still thinking of a theme for my soon-to-be-set-up 10g sorority.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #5 
Briz

10 gallon with a different theme for each section:

Briz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #6 
Susukihotaru

This is my 6.6 gallon before I added some plants and rearranged things. (The algae is bad on the left side of the tank.)

This is it now, with Arata on the left and a little unnamed guy on the right. (Sorry about the glares.)

Susukihotaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #7 
tngirl92

These are the coolest tanks ever! Thanks for sharing!

And for those who are curious, the Harry Potter-esque tank stuff can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ro+magic+world

I think if you added some generic dragons and castles in there, it would look awesome!
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #8 
Sylerwin

Got some new decor.
10gal, 1 male betta, 3 african dwarf frogs :)

I saw somebody with the same grass-ornament as I have, though theirs was floating...Is that was it was meant to do? lol
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #9 
ellewar

My tank is colorful, pink, purple, blue, and light pink. I am going for a beach theme.

ellewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #10 
Susukihotaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylerwin View Post
Got some new decor.
10gal, 1 male betta, 3 african dwarf frogs :)

I saw somebody with the same grass-ornament as I have, though theirs was floating...Is that was it was meant to do? lol
I think it's actually meant to be planted, but I wanted to get a floating plant for my bettas to sleep in. Nice tank, by the way.
Susukihotaru is offline   Reply With Quote