Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #1 
fishyinpa

tankmates

yeah i know i said im not gonna get any more fish for my tank. At least right now. Wanna get this cycle thingy done with lol. So anyways,what kinda fish gets along with bettas? I know it depends on their personality and all. So i dunno how my guy would be. Im really liking corys though. Do you have to keep 6 of them for them to be happy? Is like 2 okay lol. Just curious. Other than that, i think tetras and rasboras are compatible. I think dramaqueen said danios can be too hyper for some bettas. They are cool looking but i dunno. What bout white clouds? They look really small though,would my fish try to eat them. Ah well. just wondering. no plans for more fish as of now. maybe down the road. *figured out how to spell rasbora lol*

Last edited by fishyinpa; 01-27-2009 at 11:08 AM.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #2 
fishyinpa

hehe i just watched a video on youtube of a betta and his cory babies. it was so cute and funny! kinda like they were playing. Argh so makes me want some corys. Must wait....longer....cycle....lol!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've heard that cories make good tankmates for bettas and I think you DO have to have 6 for them to be happy.lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #4 
fishyinpa

oh poo. well that sucks lol.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #5 
Kim

Pygmy cories are really small. I think you could do a school of 5 in your tank and they would be happy. My betta loved his cories when he was with them :)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #6 
fishyinpa

Ooh for real? Thats cool. Ill have to look for them then. I saw albinos at petsmart and another that started with an E at the lfs,none that said pygmy/dwarf. Thanks! K i just looked up pygmy and dwarf cories..so cute! lol. I definetly gonna look around for them.

Last edited by fishyinpa; 01-29-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #7 
fishyinpa

I found a few different small sized cory species, i printed out a sheet for each one so i can see if i can find them lol. dont wanna end up with one that gets huge. well more than one,but you know what i mean.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Pygmy cories sound good for your tank. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #9 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Pygmys are what I'm going to add to my betta tank, if I can ever find the little guys. So far, no luck. I may have to do aquabid. I really wanted to avoid the stress on the fish as far as shipping but that may be the only way I can get them. I'm convinced they would be perfect for a betta tank
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #10 
fishyinpa

Oh so they are hard to find? That stinks. Is there like a big diff between the pygmy and dwarfs? they look similiar lol. but thas just bout all i know about them. I found four so far that stay small. The salt and pepper and false bandit. Course i dunno what i will find in stores. My luck no small ones. Im gonna check out this other pet store not far see what they have. Then prolly the other lfs. If no luck there,ill go back down to the NE see what kind they have,they had a pretty big fish deparment. Good luck with your search!