Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #11 
BettaBoop

Thank you every for your help! I'm slowly putting together more and more nice decor for him (i couldn't help but buy the spongebob pineapple hehe). I got a heater in there now as well. I think I'll try getting him the stress coat and see if that helps. I'll update once I do!
BettaBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #12 
BettaBoop

Yesterday, I did a complete water change, set up the decor better, and finally put in the filter. After all that, my Betta (I finally named him King Neptune) seemed a lot happier, moving around a lot more. I bought Stress Coat and some Bloodworms, today, and he was loving the bloodworms! So glad he finally ate, even without using the stress coat. I wanted to get some opinions on the filter, I'm not sure if it's too strong for my little guy. He seems perfectly fine, but there are times when I see the water coming back into the tank over powers him a bit. There doesn't seem to be a way to slow it down either. Any suggestions on a different filter? Or will this one be okay for now?
BettaBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #13 
Iorek

I prefer sponge filters at betta aquariums, no flow at all and does help about biological cycle.

what kind of filter are you using?
Iorek is offline   Reply With Quote