Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #1 
ShadyLex

Goodbye little one

My betta fish, Odahviing, passed away last night.

He was overcome with this black thing that spread to the rest of his body. I had no idea what it was and could only watch him struggle for air. Last night I had put him in the cup he came in so that he could reach the surface easier. This morning I found him dead.

I only had him for two days. I donít know if he was already sick when I bought him or it was something in my tank. Or even worse, if it was something I could've cured.

Iím just going to clean out the tank today and mourn his passing.

RIP Odahviing.
ShadyLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your poor boy. I think Christmas one of my males has something similar and I think it is saddleback columnaris which is very hard to treat. I started with tri-sulfa but quickly moved on to stronger antibiotics that I got from the vet (Neomycin) Today is his fourth day of treatment and although his dorsal fin has improved the black marks on his body are steadily getting worse :( He is still so interactive with me, the minute I walk into the room he swims over and won't stop showing off at me despite his difficulties swimming. I am so sad about this it is heartbreaking I do not want to watch him die he is only young Public holiday today but I sent the vet an email yesterday with photos so I'll phone him tomorrow..........has to be something else I can try. I feel like I'm letting him down but I am trying my hardest to save him.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #3 
Fabi

sorry for ur fish.RIP
Fabi is offline   Reply With Quote