Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #1 
Pitluvs

New Again??

Hello Betta fish keepers! It's been a while since I have been on here but I used to frequent the boards a lot for the last few years. Figured I would re-introduce myself since I plan on stopping in a bit more often now.

I'm Donna, from Atlantic Canada. 28 and Mom of two amazing kids. I am owned by a 9 year old Staffordshire Terrier and a 10 year old grey tabby. I used to be into fish, 10 tanks scattered around my home. Now I have just one, a 1.5g with my little buddy Betta, Minnie Prime. He's currently my only Betta. I plan on upgrading his tank to something larger down the road, since he will be my only fish :)

Interesting story about Minnie. I took him home a year ago as a malnourished female Betta from the pet store. After almost a year in a female tank with 6 sisters, I finally seen him spawning with one of my females. Dur. Our pet store doesn't carry plakat bettas so I really didn't think he could be a male! So here he is, with me and the last of my bettas.
Attached Images

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hello there Donna so happy you joined us and thanks for sharing your story. Minnie is so pretty and really adorable too, sounds like he has a great life and home. I noticed just last weekend my pet store has what appears to be a very young plakat betta and that is the first time I have ever seen one of that type there, I couldnt get over just how tiny it is and of course I have no idea if its male or female. I am going to keep my eye on that little one each time I go there unless someone buys it that is. I only have one Betta for now but this new little one they have is sure tempting me t get another one...lol I hope you enjoy your time here with us
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hey I remember you

Welcome back. I had a good chuckle over Minnie. Maybe you should change the name to Mickey? :)
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #4 
Fabi

Hey,welcome back!
Fabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

R, actually the boy has named him Minnie Prime after his Optimus Prime toy haha It seems to suit!

Just upgraded him to his 2.65G Marina tank, he's loving it. Not the 20G with all the ladies he's used to but it will do!

Thanks for the welcome backs guys!

PS: Few videos of Minnie when he came home :)

Minnie 1

Minnie Recovery

Minnie in Sorority
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hi, Donna! I'm glad you're back!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #7 
Pitluvs

Thanks DQ!!