Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #1 
BettaNubRandyLove

which type of betta food has the most fiber?

I'm really trying to up my bettas lifestyle and was wondering about his pellets. he has been on aquaeon since I got him. These pellets were helpful in helping him gain weight since when I got him he was too thin. But now he is having constipation problems. Which food has a good amount of fiber and is healthy but easy to digest?
BettaNubRandyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #2 
bniebetta

Fiber isn't really what you want to look for. I mean, its good, but basically when you look at a food you want one that does not have any soy or wheat products within the first three ingredients. Those kinds of things can actually cause constipation. Some really great brands are Omega One, New Life Spectrum, and Attison's Betta Pro. you can get Omega One at Petsmart for like three dollars :) Another thing that can help constipation is varying their diet with frozen or live foods, such as frozen bloodworms. Frozen or live foods are a lot closer to what they would be eating in the wild, and is therefore easy to digest since it is not compacted into a pellet.
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #3 
BettaNubRandyLove

I may be able to get some mosquito larvae but my mom wont let me put bugs in the fridge. thanks when I go out I may pick One of those brands up.
BettaNubRandyLove is offline   Reply With Quote