Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #1 
Haleigh

Is My Filter Too Strong?

I set up my tank yesterday, so I could get it up and running before I get another betta on Thursday. I received a free Aqueon A10 power filter from the company, so I figured I'd use that in the tank. The tank is 5.5 gallons, and the filter will work for tanks up to 10 gallons. Is it going to be too strong? **I'm planning on getting an aquarium sponge to baffle the filter before I add a fish.
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Nah, that should totally be fine. Especially with the sponge baffle. If you find that the intake is too much, cut some pantyhose up and rubberband it to the intake tube. When I do a water change I siphon over the intake to get any debris off the pantyhose to make sure that it doesn't get clogged. It might not help the flow much but will certainly keep fins from going up and getting shredded on the filter.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #3 
Haleigh

Thanks lil! You always give the best advise. I'll definitely get some pantyhose and a sponge for the filter. Ponty's fins were shredded from his filter, so I definitely want to cover this filter with pantyhose to prevent that from happening again.
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

No problem! Glad I could be of service once more ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote