Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #1 
Joyce N

Betta Feeding

I would really like to have a betta in my office. However, I don't work weekends and I'm concerned about the betta not eating for 2 days. I've read on this site that a 1-day fast is not harmful, but actually beneficial to the betta. I don't know about 2 days though.

If the betta needs to be fed at least one of those days, what would be the best solution? Are slow-release feeders a good idea?

I would appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Joyce
Joyce N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #2 
sareena79

2 days wont hurt him. I've read they can go up to a week w/o eating (though thats not recommended) so a 2 day fast shouldnt be an issue.
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #3 
Joyce N

Ok, that makes me feel better. Thank you for the fast reply! I was going to be so disappointed if I couldn't have one at work! I found awesome tanks at Walmart that have a cool LED light in them that change colors. My one betta at home loves to swim around in the tiny bubbles. The light is also an aerator.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #4 
sainthogan

My female went 2 weeks without eating when she was sick and she was fine.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #5 
sareena79

I've never been a "fish person" lol until I got my 1st betta Sushi (SIP little guy) and now my newest guy Chumlee. I have my tank on the bar in my kitchen right by my desk and I just love to watch him swimming all over the place. hes such a cool little dude. I guess Im a fish person now hehehe :)
Old 06-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #6 
Joyce N

I know! I started with 1. Now I have 2 at home and getting another one for the office. Watching them swim around with the bubbles and changing colors on the LED light, well....I hope I don't fall asleep at work! LOL That would be bad. JK.

Does anyone know which type of betta has the longest fins/tails? I've seen some pics on google that are just spectacular, but the pics never have info attached to them as to what kind of betta is in the photo. I would LOVE to find a purple veil tail. If anyone has any leads on one, I'd love to know about it!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #7 
sareena79

lol yeah I catch myself just spacing out watching my tank its funny. whoda thunk it :)...as far as the tails go Im a newbie but Im pretty sure the super deltas and rose tails are the ones with the biggest fins but I could be wrong