Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #1 
BettaLover1313

Question Divider of Some Sort Needed

So I went to my lps today and found out that they do not carry dividers for 5-5.5 gallon tanks, which is what I will be purchasing for my bettas, and I was wondering if anyone knew of either a "home" solution for a divider that I could make (prefer to allow water flow between two sections and to not have to have two filters). Otherwise, I might have to consider getting a 10 gallon tank, and I really don't want to, since that would be harder to transport between my home and college.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #2 
Laki

Here's an easy one. I used it for almost a year. Only thing is, make the binder part for all four sides. Makes it way more sturdy!

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #3 
BettaLover1313

Thank you so much for the link! That's very helpful!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #4 
xxRho

Can you use polyester mesh?

It looks a lot more flexible than the sheet in the link will that cause problems?

Because I saw some cheap polyester mesh hat things to keep mosquitos/flies away from the face in the camping section...
Would it be safe?
xxRho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #5 
Laki

Those polyester ones (If I'm thinking of the same ones) seems pretty flimsy. Remember, you want the fish to stay 100% on their own sides. Some people here have experienced very dedicated fish who dig under gravel and peck away at dividers to get to the other side for a fight. I wouldn't risk the flimsy stuff. Craft mesh worked for me, neither of my boys ever wished to jump the divider. For the first 2 weeks or so after setting it up they were flaring at each other but that was all. The only reason I stopped using it is because Bowser got suddenly very sick and needed to be PTS.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #6 
xxRho

Oh okay. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't toxic. Maybe I could use it to cover a filter intake then; I recently got 12 Endler fry so when they get big enough to stop using the sponge filter maybe I could do that?
xxRho is offline   Reply With Quote