Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #11 
jeaninel

I have both the Python and the Aqueon water changers and i much prefer the Python. The hose material is much more supple than the Aqueon and so is much easier to coil and work with. Also the part that hooks up to the sink is longer on the Aqueon and so hangs in the sink much lower. Other than that the mechanics are pretty much the same. I love my Python and will never go back to lugging buckets on my big tanks. I do still use a bucket for my 10 and 20 gallon though.
Posted via Mobile Device
jeaninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #12 
shellieca

I use buckets for my 10g & less tanks & a python for my 46g. The amount of suction depends on how high you turn the water on at the sink, IME. I know lots of people have the Aqueon & love it, others have made their own. If I didn't have the water changer I don't think I'd enjoy my 46g nearly as much because I'd get tired of bucket lugging.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #13 
bniebetta

I would basically be using it for my 20 gal... would it be a waste of money?
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #14 
shellieca

I don't think so. I'd use it on my smaller tanks if it would reach, well on the 10g tanks but nothing less than that probably.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #15 
finnfinnfriend

Heck, I'm going to get get one for my 5 gallon! Should I post a thread about how it works for a 5 gallon after I get it and use it?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #16 
Melodica

I have the Aqueon. If I had it to do over again, I probably would have gone with the Python. The Aqueon has the plastic connectors, which leak, and the plastic threads make it difficult for it to stay on the faucet. More than once it has popped off and water has gone everywhere. My fiance ended up getting a metal piece to use and it stays connected better.

Also, I don't know if the Python is this way, but the Aqueon has NO suction, even with the water turned up as high as it will go. If I want to get debris out of the tank, I still have to use the vacuum. It also uses A LOT of water and drains slowly.

Usually what I do is drain my tanks with a bucket and vacuum and use the changer to fill them back up. Uses less water and takes less time.
Melodica is offline   Reply With Quote