Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #21 
whatsupyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverotter View Post
Jadeblu I think it's brilliant.
I was thinking about starting a similar thread for veil-tails, as I know they pop up in some spawns and are promptly culled, because no one wants them. Except I want them, so it can be a win-win.
It's the same with females of any variety. Nearly everyone prefers the boys. So if you want girls, why not speak up??

I've been very tempted by Whatsupyall's girls myself. Like you, I just can't find any around here, and a sorority is just such a nice thing to have!
You've been tempted? Well why didn't you shoot me a pm with your best offer! Lol. I'm very approachable you know.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #22 
whatsupyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
What's lol for?

I posted because I know spawns produce many more fish than a breeder can home or care for. I know culling is part of the breeding process but I like to imagine that breeders wish they could home more of the bettas rather than cull. Furthermore, if I go on aquabid I pay $20-30 for a fish often I might also pay shipping from Thailand. I think they are beautiful but I could also buy fish supplies like the whole bunch of live plants I will need for my 20 long.

Female fish are harder to find here they cost between .99 and $2.69. They often are not colored. Generally no one wants them. In some stores I've seen them intentionally dump dirty water in the cups the females or just never clean their cups so they die and they get the credit for them. I've tapped most of the supply of decent females that don't all look the same. I still have 4 that look almost the same.

The way I see it get some fish a breeder doesn't want or can't possibly keep due to the sheer numbers. The fish get to live and get a home with a nice habitat. It seems like a win-win to me. I will buy from aquabid or a member few months down the road. Once this tank is set up.
I'm laughing because lilnaugrim is being silly lol. I do agree with you. :) There is absolutely nothing wrong with deform fish that are healthy if you plan to only keep it as pets. I have a few bettas with deformities that I am keeping around the house just because they are unique and probably no one see's the beauty that I see in them. :)
Old 06-14-2013, 03:25 AM   #23 
Riverotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupyall View Post
You've been tempted? Well why didn't you shoot me a pm with your best offer! Lol. I'm very approachable you know.
Because I am terrified to ship! My P.O. is not the greatest, and I'm trying it for the first time. If I can work out a deal with my mailman, I might risk it again.
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 AM   #24 
whatsupyall

I'm not familiar with P.O. box, but why not ship it to your home?
Old 06-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #25 
Riverotter

My PO - Post Office, sorry. The main person working there is not so great with packages. I'm really, REALLY rural. I'm trying to work something out with my mailman, so he'll just call me when I have a package because the person in charge will insist that he drag it around in his truck all day in an "attempt to deliver" before just calling me to get it at the Post Office, which is what I'll need to do anyway.
If I can work it out so that we can avoid the part where they're bounced around on dirt roads all day, then I'd ship.
But if not, then I'll just have to save my money, wait till fall, get a post office box and have a betta splurge!
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:54 AM   #26 
whatsupyall

Bettas are very hardy. With good packaging, they easily survive any trip. I believe as long as the package is not sat on or stepped on lol, bettas should be in good shape. But it is your shipping money and I can respect your choice.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #27 
whatsupyall

This is just a picture idea of the fish that are available. Shipping itself is approximately $11 and $15, but I have to charge for packaging, and that is why it's a bit higher than what you will see on the label. $15 shipping for up to 4 fish. Will ship up to 6 fish for $20. If you like them, please indicate what colors and I will try my best to pick out the right ones. Please note that the main deformity with these fish are crooked tails. None the less, they seem to be healthy and swimming just fine.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #28 
Minnieservis

I love that girl with the white body and light green or blue fins in the back. I'd definitely take a girl like that and probably 2 more.
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #29 
whatsupyall

Crap, it wouldn't let me make changes, and I already deleted the picture and uploaded one where I labeled it lol. Well, here it is again with less confusion. Now just specify the fin color.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #30 
Minnieservis

I don't want to call first dibs since this wasn't my thread, but if you have enough to go around, I'll take four. I'd like a white bodied with green or blue fins, white bodied with very light fins(one looks almost orange?), a white bodied with red fins(darker red the better) and a light bodied with dark fins(blue preferably). Thanks so much, I'm so exited! :)
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote