Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #51 
Silverbeam

~~~Melody~~~
I'm humming an old song from my days back in the kingdom when a familiar voice catches my ear. It sounds like a struggle. I fly toward the sound. "Let go!" I see the cocky little dove from earlier stuck in a little cat trap. The cat was smiling evily and hungrily. "Hey!" I shout. Oh no... He looks over. Oh gosh I'm not the courageous type... I try a different approach and clear my throat, "Oh, Mr. Handsome..." I add a little tune to my voice, "If you don't mind letting my... Friend and I go... I would very nice..." The cat's drooling by now and seems hypnotized, "Yeah..." He get's up a trots off. WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED?!?!!? "Umm, thanks but I have question... How did you do that?!" Albert asks. Ehh?!?!? "Uhh umm..." I laugh nervously, "Do what...? Oh I forgot I am really sorry about earlier it's just that I used to live there, the Forestsong Kingdom, with my sisters and It's really a blessing to live there. Sorry I got so angry..." my voice sort of trailed off.
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #52 
Silverbeam

New (and probably final) character!
Name: Pandora
Color: Blue, green, and purple (<-- just cause)
Breed: Peacock (yay!) (remember our plan, happyhobbit? xD)
Personality: Kind, generous, good listener, quiet, shy
Extra stuff :3 : Has a way of understanding a person's true feelings.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #53 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Albert~~~
Oh, gross! i can feel that cat's drool, dripping from his mouth! I shudder, then hear a small, pretty voice. " HEY!" the humming bird yells. My mouth drops open. She's gonna die! IM gonna die!!!! She asks him to let him go and I prepare myself to watch her be eaten, but he just says in a hazy, dreamy voice, " yeah..." What in the world was that? how did she do that? " How... how did you do that?" i ask. She apologizes from earlier and I shrug sadly. " I deserved it anyway... I'm not Junglesong anything." I mumble. " FORESTsong." She politely corrects. I nod. " Well.... thanks." I say, staring at the ground. She seems pretty nice, rather quiet actually.

Lol Silverbeam, yup I remember. * laughs evil laugh of evil,evil,maniac.

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 06-20-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #54 
bettalover2000

Can I join?
Name: Rupert
Color: orange and black
Deformities: a scar on his ankle from a label tag that was once put on him by researchers
Breed: Robin
Extra stuff: Shy, likes raspberries, modest, but helpful.

Last edited by bettalover2000; 06-20-2013 at 08:38 PM.
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #55 
bettalover2000

--Rupert--
It's a pretty nice day, I'm going in search of some raspberries. I see a Mourning Dove and a Hummingbird talking about....FORESTSONG! I remember that name! My father would tell me tales about ForestSong every night before bed, when I was a hatchling. I don't want to be rude and interrupt their conversation, but I haven't heard that name in years. I perch on a small tree, my ankle is still bugging me, those humans tagged me 7 months ago with their "research", but the pain won't go away. I don't know why they were studying me, I honestly don't think I'm a very interesting subject. Oh, well, I must listen now.--
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #56 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
~Mist~

Finally... I arrive at Forestsong. When I land, I hear strange wingflaps, they sound as if they come from a bird 6 times my size. Soon, I spot a shadow, and a crow comes up to me, about 10 times my own size! I screech at the enormous bird. "So, you think you can defeat me, hmm?" he caws. "Of course! I've fought a lot of battles!" I screech in return. Suddenly, the crow lunges at me, his black talons aiming for a target. That thing thinks he can beat me? I fly out of the way and aim for the crow's body, with my talons readying to attack. Just then, the crow scratches me across my wing, the pain would be unbearable to some, and I was sending up blood with every wingflap. suddenly, the crow launches another attack at me, he rakes his talons along my body and wings, pushing hard with every attack. My body is covered with bleeding wounds, and about all of Forestsong is watching. I have to win! I have to SURVIVE!! Just then, more crows, 6 times bigger than the one I was fighting came up... I'm DOOMED!!
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #57 
Silverbeam

~~~Melody~~~
Albert is accepting my apology and looks at me for a moment. "If Forestsong is so wonderful... Why don't you live there still?" He asks. I look away from him, "It's a long story. And believe me, if was still able to live there with my sisters, I would." He looks a bit confused, "So, why, are you here alone?" I ask him. "Well... You see, my flock abandon me, under my father's orders, he's the head of the flock after all..." He laughs sadly, as if remember a sad dream. "My father always rejected me, I was never wanted, I guess I was too flawed for him." His smile returns, "But anyway, what are you doing around here?" He asked. "Oh! I just heard your little yelps and came to help. I was originally with my sisters and Mo... I should go now. " He looks down, "Hey I know, since you've got no where to go really, you can stay with my sisters and I for a while, our little tree is the big oak, right over there," I point out. His eye brighten, "Really? That's so kind," He says as if no one has ever let him in like this. Hmm... "Yeah, of course." I say. I fly back to Mo and the others. "Hi guys! I'm back!" I announce. Everyone goes silent. "Umm, Melody?" Rei asks. "Hmm, what?" I ask. "Who... Who is this?!?!" She yells at me. "Woah sis, calm down, this is Albert, he needs somewhere to stay, so he can have the branch below us, riiiight?" I ask. She sighs annoyed, "Urrgh, fine." "Oh! Yay!" Lyra pipes up. I had a feeling that everything was going to be fine for now. For now...
Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #58 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
~Mist~

Finally... I arrive at Forestsong. When I land, I hear strange wingflaps, they sound as if they come from a bird 6 times my size. Soon, I spot a shadow, and a crow comes up to me, about 10 times my own size! I screech at the enormous bird. "So, you think you can defeat me, hmm?" he caws. "Of course! I've fought a lot of battles!" I screech in return. Suddenly, the crow lunges at me, his black talons aiming for a target. That thing thinks he can beat me? I fly out of the way and aim for the crow's body, with my talons readying to attack. Just then, the crow scratches me across my wing, the pain would be unbearable to some, and I was sending up blood with every wingflap. suddenly, the crow launches another attack at me, he rakes his talons along my body and wings, pushing hard with every attack. My body is covered with bleeding wounds, and about all of Forestsong is watching. I have to win! I have to SURVIVE!! Just then, more crows, 6 times bigger than the one I was fighting came up... I'm DOOMED!!
~~~Ebony~~~
I watch my kin attack the poor, defenseless bird. I never wanted this. Why must I be a crow? Why can't I be, like, a budgie or something? Oh well. No time to dwell on it. I launch myself down from the telephone wire and shout "Party's over, bozos!" I dive-bomb the first crow, then jam my beak into his head and knock him out. I go after the next one, and tear several beak-fuls of feathers from his pitiful hide. He goes running for mama. In a similar manner, I attack the rest of the other crows, then fly down to the little bloodstained creature on the ground. "Are you OK?"
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #59 
Silverbeam

~~~Pandora~~~
Finally, I think as I see a small stream and settle down into the shallow water and clean my feathers. It was a beautiful day, I walk a bit further through meadows of flowers. I finally spot a big oak tree and decide it's the perfect shelter for a nap. Resting in the shade sounds lovely... As I lay down I think about the events that occurred in the last month. First I was stolen away from my home in a tropical forest deep in Asia and then I was sold illegally. The humans tortured me. One day, the human suddenly panicked and threw me out here and ran away. It was so different from home, which I miss very much. I'm so envolved in my thoughts that I almost don't notice a tiny voice, "Um... wh-who are you?" It squeaks. I look over to see a small baby blue hummingbird resting on a light pink flower. "Well, hello there little one, I'm Pandora." I smile. She thinks hard for a second, "I've never seen a bird like you." I laugh a little, "I'm a peacock, or since I'm a female, a Peahen." She looks at me with big black eyes, "I think your swirly blue and purple feathers are beautiful! An-and the little green ones on you head." She looks up at me in wonderment. "Why thank you little one. Say... What's you name?" I ask her gently, she seemed shy, but not to me. She blushes, "I'm Chime." "So am I a disturbance to you? I'm sorry, I was looking for somewhere to rest." I say sincerly. She giggles, "No, you're just fine. My older sisters and I all live up there in the higher branches of the tree. I saw you and you looked different so I was curious." She tells me. "Oh... I see." I say thoughtfully. "Chime! Where are you? There's someone you need to meet!" A soft voice comes from high in the tree. "Oh, that's Melody, I have to go now! You can stay under this tree! You'll have to meet my sisters later!" She says enthusiastically. I nod and smile. My new life here has ust begun to unravel...
Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #60 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Edward~~~
Still not night... still not night... I sigh. Why wait? I will simply wait until the humans use that opening at the top of cage, then fly out! I watch patiently as the zookeeper walks over lazily and slowly opens the opening. I flap my wings,when I remember... i can't fly! Still, I manage to get out. " WHAT THE-?! Get back here, you dump bird!" the zookeeper calls. " Never or my name isn't Edward Von Magnificent, you peasant!" I scream back to him, and run into the forest. I did it! I truly did it! I shall get back to Forestsong, and everyone will- wait... how far am i from it, anyway? I sigh, and keep going. Anything, anything at all is better than this place.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote