Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #71 
Happyhobbit
Member
 
Happyhobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Edward~~~
I glare at the sparrow. I just want that fruit! Suddenly I see a familiar bird. Arora!"Finally, a friendly face! Fancy meeting you here Arora!" I say happily. I knew many in Forestsong, but Arora was one of the best. how did she get here? No matter, perhaps she can get that stupid bird to give me that fruit. "Can you please make this peasant hand over my berries?" I plead, shooting her a desperate look."They're not yours yet..." mumbles the peasant. " I heard that!" i say, still fuming. Arora shakes her head, and wanders off to who knows where. " GIVE ME THAT!" I say to the bird. He suddenly grins, and says, " With pleasure," and drops them on my face! " YOU...YOU... RUFFIAN!" I scream, berry goop all over my face. He laughs bitterly and flies away. suddenly I catch sight of a peahen by an oak tree. Oooh la la... I quickly wipe off the goop, and strut up to her. Act like a gentlemen, I say to myself. " Why hello, there. How did a lovely lady like you get in a place like this?" I purr.
~~~Albert~~~
I stare at the ground, when a robin shyly flies up to us "Hi, I'm Rupert, I don't mean to interrupt, but I heard you talking about Forestsong, and I've heard that name before. I have never been there, and I would just be called a peasant, but, I guess I was just curious what you were talking about, having to do with Forestsong. See, my dad used to tell me tales about the rich kingdom, but since he left I haven't heard anything. I guess I should be going." he says politely. Another hummingbird seems like she is going to welcome him into where I guess I will be staying for a while too. I should make a good impression. " Hi Rubert, I uh... have super human strength!" I blurt out. Oops... I sigh. Why would he believe that?
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #72 
bettalover2000
Member
 
bettalover2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
--Rupert--
None of the other birds say anything, awkward silence I guess. The Mourning Dove shouts, " Hi Rubert, I uh... have super human strength!. Say what? Is this guy a little crazy? "We aren't even humans! How could you have super human strength?", I say. Oh MY! That was rude of me. *sigh* The blue hummingbird whispers to me, "Sorry, he's kind of full of himself, his name's Albert. Go easy on him if you can try.". "Sorry, Albert.", I say. A red hummingbird seems kind of annoyed by something, I wouldn't doubt if it's the Mourning Dove. "I sure hope I'm not being a bother", I say. "Oh, it's okay we would love to have you stay and talk Rupert, My name's Lyra! It seems to me like your ankle's bothering you, do you want something for it? I don't really know what, but I'm sure I could find something for you!!!!!", the green and brown one says, she seems a little happy-go-lucky. I've met some strange folks on my berry run today.
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #73 
Saphira101
Member
 
Saphira101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
~Mist~

I feel completely dissociated... My vision is about to go all black. Pain is shooting through me, everywhere. My body can't take it anymore, and everything fades to black nothingness...
~~~Ebony~~~
The poor bird falls unconscious, and I know that she won't make it out here in the open, or even in a tree. I look around desperately, and spot a small hollow that the base of a huge cedar. I clear away the cobwebs, and find that it goes quite deep, and both of us could fit in there comfortably. I drag the other bird to the base of the tree, and quickly pull up some lamb's ear (Note from the actual person: lamb's ear actually exists. We have some growing in our yard. Its leaves are incredibly soft, and they feel like velvet.), and lay it out inside the hollow. I drag the other bird on top of it. Light filters through small, unnoticed holes in the tree, carved long ago by woodpeckers. I hop outside and pull some grass over the entrance to our hollow. I look around, and to my delight, I spot exactly what I'd been looking for. I've never been sure of its name, but when I was a chick my mother would spread paste made from the leaves onto my wounds. They always felt better after that, and they sped healing. I pulled up as much as I could carry, and brought it back to the hollow. I chewed it as best I could (not having teeth, this takes a lot of effort), and spread it onto the bird's wounds. I went back outside and flew to a nearby pond. There were tons of insect larvae, including that of the great diving beetle. I remember my mother telling me as a chick not to eat them, because they were incredibly bitter. So bitter, in fact, that they could awaken an unconscious bird. An unconscious bird. I snatch one out of the water, and cringe from the taste. I quickly carry it back to the hollow, and shove it into the mouth of the unconscious bird. She begins to cough, and opens her eyes.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #74 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
~~~Ebony~~~
The poor bird falls unconscious, and I know that she won't make it out here in the open, or even in a tree. I look around desperately, and spot a small hollow that the base of a huge cedar. I clear away the cobwebs, and find that it goes quite deep, and both of us could fit in there comfortably. I drag the other bird to the base of the tree, and quickly pull up some lamb's ear (Note from the actual person: lamb's ear actually exists. We have some growing in our yard. Its leaves are incredibly soft, and they feel like velvet.), and lay it out inside the hollow. I drag the other bird on top of it. Light filters through small, unnoticed holes in the tree, carved long ago by woodpeckers. I hop outside and pull some grass over the entrance to our hollow. I look around, and to my delight, I spot exactly what I'd been looking for. I've never been sure of its name, but when I was a chick my mother would spread paste made from the leaves onto my wounds. They always felt better after that, and they sped healing. I pulled up as much as I could carry, and brought it back to the hollow. I chewed it as best I could (not having teeth, this takes a lot of effort), and spread it onto the bird's wounds. I went back outside and flew to a nearby pond. There were tons of insect larvae, including that of the great diving beetle. I remember my mother telling me as a chick not to eat them, because they were incredibly bitter. So bitter, in fact, that they could awaken an unconscious bird. An unconscious bird. I snatch one out of the water, and cringe from the taste. I quickly carry it back to the hollow, and shove it into the mouth of the unconscious bird. She begins to cough, and opens her eyes.
I spit out the insect larvae. "AGH! That's extremely bitter!" Suddenly, I look around, noticing I'm in a different environment... "Where am I? What happened?" I ask the crow beside me. I stare at my paralyzed foot.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #75 
Saphira101
Member
 
Saphira101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
I spit out the insect larvae. "AGH! That's extremely bitter!" Suddenly, I look around, noticing I'm in a different environment... "Where am I? What happened?" I ask the crow beside me. I stare at my paralyzed foot.
"My name is Ebony." I say. "I warded off the other crows that were attacking you, and brought you into this hollow. I put a remedy on your wounds, and fed you that insect larva so that you'd wake up. It looked like you were about to go into a coma..."
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #76 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
"My name is Ebony." I say. "I warded off the other crows that were attacking you, and brought you into this hollow. I put a remedy on your wounds, and fed you that insect larva so that you'd wake up. It looked like you were about to go into a coma..."
~Mist~

"Thank you... I'm grateful. I knew the evil crows would come eventually... I... I had a vision. By the way, my name's Mist..." I hold up my left wing, the one with glass sticking out of it. I look around and limp out of the hollow, dragging my paralyzed foot uselessly behind me. What a fool I've made of myself... trying to save Forestsong like that... even if I had won, it wouldn't do anything to my reputation... always, I've been ignored and neglected, and robins had to take care of me, since I never found my real parents... I shake my head, trying to get rid of all my bad memories.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #77 
Happyhobbit
Member
 
Happyhobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Albert~~~
Rubert gives me a confused look then says "We aren't even humans! How could you have super human strength?" Oh gosh. Wrong thing to say. I should have gone with telling them I was the president... " Stupid stupid!" I mutter to myself, whacking my head with my wing when they aren't looking.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #78 
Happyhobbit
Member
 
Happyhobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
*~~Arora~~
With still no luck from my search for the Princess... I see a black bird... a crow. My eyes narrow.. The Wrath of Redwood could not be here... could it? I lunge for the crow and grab. Still holding her I stratch her wings then pin against a tree. "What are you doing here? Is this were they plan to strike next? Talk,I probably won't hurt you.." I growl.She stares at me blankly.
"Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about." I shove her harder against the tree. How can I make her talk? I look from her torn wings to the ground, they would probably hurt to much to fly. I yank her off the tree and dangle her over the edge. "I'm going to ask you one more time! What is the Wrath of Redwood's plan here?" I patiently await her answer.
---------
Ps: Remember this is happyhobbit's SISTER
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #79 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhobbit View Post
*~~Arora~~
With still no luck from my search for the Princess... I see a black bird... a crow. My eyes narrow.. The Wrath of Redwood could not be here... could it? I lunge for the crow and grab. Still holding her I stratch her wings then pin against a tree. "What are you doing here? Is this were they plan to strike next? Talk,I probably won't hurt you.." I growl.She stares at me blankly.
"Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about." I shove her harder against the tree. How can I make her talk? I look from her torn wings to the ground, they would probably hurt to much to fly. I yank her off the tree and dangle her over the edge. "I'm going to ask you one more time! What is the Wrath of Redwood's plan here?" I patiently await her answer.
---------
Ps: Remember this is happyhobbit's SISTER
~Mist~

I look over my shoulder and see someone dangling the crow over the edge of the tree. I limp over rapidly. "STOP!" I screech, also making a few dominance postures (yes, birds can show dominance as well.). I feel my wounds starting to open, but all I want to do is help that crow right now! I grab her and fly to safety on a higher branch, even though my wings are pained.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #80 
Happyhobbit
Member
 
Happyhobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
*~~Arora~~
Suddenly a parrotlet snatches the crow out of my hands. "Wha-?" A parrotlet from Forestsong.. if this parrotlet thinks that crow is friendly, than she must be. I awkwardly fly over. "Sorry, I thought.. you were with them." I decide they must not like my company so I fly away. Maybe I will go talk too Edward.. then I see him. He is flirting with a peahen. I perch next to him. "Hello, Edward. Who is this?" I gesture to the peahen.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm Getting a Bird! SmokeNLark The Lounge 8 01-02-2014 02:53 AM
Bird question Bombalurina Finless Friends 18 05-24-2012 09:59 PM
My bird around dinner... lvandert Finless Friends 12 05-22-2012 01:32 PM
Is my bird trying to groom me? finnfinnfriend Finless Friends 16 05-11-2012 12:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.