Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #1 
amzingaly

Rescue!

So recently i had a heater malfunction which kill my new fish. It was a Topfin brand heater so i went back to petsmart and told them that since Topfin is petsmarts brand they should cover my cost of a new fish. They agreed and since the fish would be free to me I really was rescuing it. I tried to find a betta that needed some TLC. Well luckily they were all in rather good health so I let the fish pick me.
I brought home a orange veiltail male who is the most curious fish i have ever had. While I was unpacking his heater I noticed he was staring at the twist tie next to his cup. I picked up the twist tie and slowly moved it around and he kept following it. It was so cute! I can't get enough of these bettas.
Any way here's my new boy :) He needs a name if anyone has any suggestions.
Attached Images

amzingaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh wow! What a beauty! He's absolutely gorgeous! Hmmm names, names, names...I'll just throw a bunch out there! August, Sunset, Sunrise, Sunny, Sienna, Pumpkin, Papaya, Fulvous, Curiosity, Cezannč, Renoir, Flicker, Flicka, ThunderBird, Prism, Riptide, Firestar, Cloak, Feron, Dust, Elixir and that's about all I can think of for now
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #3 
amzingaly

Thank you! He's the first veil tail that ever actually caught my eye :). I like the name Sunny!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yup, he's beautiful! I never gave any second thought's to VT's when I started out because all we had were those tri-color cambodian types with pinkish bodies and red and blue fins which I've grown to basically hate. I never knew there were other colors lol until I came here and really got into fish keeping. Now we've got some beautiful VT's and I've got no more space to take another male in!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #5 
jesssan2442

I think the name Rio would be cool!! If you decide on Sunny you should find a more manly spelling like maybe Soni or Suni
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #6 
amzingaly

Rio is a cool name too :O. And Those blue and red veil tails never interest me either. I always have to sort through them to get to colorful guys. I was a tough choice between him and another veil tail (i didn't even like them before I went into the store and then I liked 2! ). Right now I'm going through a rough patch so my mom offered to get me a new fish today (she didn't know I already got one today) and I definitely would have taken her offer and went back and got that other one i was considering if I could handle more than 4.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Hey if you don't want it, I'll take it! lol

That's really sweet of her though! Betta's in general are really great too And yeah I like Rio as well, maybe combine them? Sunny Rio and just call him Rio for short?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #8 
amzingaly

Yeah that's a good idea. I think ill have to get to know him a little before i pick :)
Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Certainly I usually have to do that with my fish as well and then sometimes they just pop into my head and I'm like...yup! That's my fishes name
Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #10 
vikingchick12

He is really pretty! :D
vikingchick12 is offline   Reply With Quote