Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #1 
geminidragn

Question Could someone help me categorize my beta's finnage?

I just got my new betta, Aslan, this past weekend. The reason I chose him was because he had an unusual tail formation and because his coloring was cool. He is blue and red mixed together so when the light catches just right he looks purple.

On to the finnage part; when I bought him his tail looked like it was torn, but it wasn't. He has a section in the middle of his tail that is shorter than the rest and it is transparent. He also has a section like this a little higher up on his tail. The lady at PetSmart told me he was a Double-tail, but his tail looks nothing like any Double-tail pics that I have seen. Someone else told me his tail looks like a Lyre-tail. When he flares out his tail it looks so cool.

Could someone help me categorize his finnage?

Here is a pic of him flaring out his tail, it's not very good quality, I am planning on getting a new camera.
Attached Images

geminidragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #2 
veganchick

he is I think a betta splendid with some other betta, who knows what!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #3 
Cody

Very odd finage there... I would think Double Tail as well, but your right; it isn't the "classic" double tail. Besides that I'm lost.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote