Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #101 
kbraucci

I find that a lot of females lack in proper form more than the males. Maybe it is because more people are drawn to the males being so pretty the females are cast aside and not worked on as much as the males. I think if you have a good female it helps to improve the line from what I understand and the traits tend to come more from the female from what some people are telling me. I have another breeding couple I have my eye on also that I might want to breed. There is no excessive finnage at all in the male so if I end up with them also then I will look at both pairs in front of me and make a call what pair I am going to breed and really study the outcome and learn from there. But again thank you for all the help. I take no offense at all to the comments :) I am here to learn and hopefully produce some quality fish in the end.
kbraucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #102 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Can't wait to see all the fry you get!

Definitely start a spawn log when the time comes around I hope all your endeavors fair well for you!!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #103 
kbraucci

Thank you lilnaugrim :) I am going to see if I can create a log on Powerpoint. I got the girl in today and whoa is she pissed, scared! I can't go near her without the horizontal stripes popping up. I am acclimating her to my water and I will put her in her tank with some almond leaves and see if she chills out. The male is ready. He is building a bubble nest in his tank. lol! I won't let her near him while she is acting up.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #104 
Kiara1125

Wow, feisty girl! Good luck! I'm hoping for the best!
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #105 
kbraucci

Thank you Kiara. Well the female is in her vase/globe and the male is swimming around her in the tank. They seem fine. She is responding nicely and so is he... she flutters at him and he flutters back at her, but he is not building a nest yet under the almond leaf. I am going to leave them alone and hope he starts building one. He goes under the leaf and floats there looking like hmmm.... I know I need to do something... what is that exactly...? lol I'm not sure how long to leave them together but by morning I think I will pull her out if there is no nest.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #106 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol that's cute. actually that happens often, leave him in there. You can check about it in the breeding section but if I remember correctly sometimes they don't build it until the females are out and about. So if you let her out if they are acting the same towards each other and then he would probably start running around frantically building his nest while trying to court her and chase her lol
Old 07-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #107 
kbraucci

Okay :) I read to place him in the tank with her in the globe and leave them alone overnight and release her in the morning and watch them carefully. I was not sure if he should be building the nest before I release her or not. But you answered my question. She is curling up a little and flutters when he comes near her like she is submitting and turns as he circles her. There is no charging and she has no horizontal bars showing like she is upset. She is showing a little front belly. So all is good so far. It's cute. lol
Old 07-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #108 
kbraucci

She's looking at him like hey dude hurry up!! lol
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #109 
Kiara1125

They're gorgeous! I hope he builds a nest and that they spawn successfully!
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #110 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol cute picture! Also something else, you can tape paper over the sides or drape a towel so that you don't disturb them. I know my Betta's would get extremely excited if they saw me coming even just to look at them. So he might be a little distracted is all